Reality check in... :(     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camphikefish

Total Posts: 519

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reality check in... :( Reply with quote

Talk about tough nuts!

**BIG SIGH**

I opened the tape measure and took measurements.

**BIG SIGH**

I recorded them on my old sheet and gosh darn it! My numbers were up. It stands to reason that they would go up becuse the weight went up. But I did NOT like seeing it!

So now, in addition to seeing the number on the scale, I will be measuring every few weeks to watch THAT number change too!

Is anyone else keeping track of measurements?

Soon to be slender Sara!

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, measurements are the very best way to keep track. As you near your goal weight, losing is very, very slow and the one time you really see progress is on the tape measure.

There are some of us here, who do not look like we weigh as much as we do because we have packed on some good muscle. Muscle takes up much less space and looks healthy! And a scale doesn't measure that kind of progress!

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
camphikefish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you! I am one of those with a gold brick in my tummy...

I think I am going to measure every two weeks.

I have a number to reach on the scale, which ties in with how the current clothes fit...but it definitely ties in inches!

Soon to be slender Sara!

camphikefish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS - is anyone else keeping track of inches?

How often are you measuring?

Soon to be slender Sara!

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check my measurements about once a month, and I have one of those miracle scales that shows BMI and I check that once a month as well.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
blueviolet20

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Huh Reply with quote

I'm not, but I really should. A lot of times, I don't notice a weight difference, but I can certainly see it in the mirror if I've made progress or not. I think I need to buy some measuring tape, and learn how to do that!
Amanchka

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have regular access to a scale (it's a long story) so I generally keep a check on my progress by how I look in the mirror, how my clothes fit, and my measurements. I just joined and have lost a little, but the hard part is I am losing in my breasts first. I have a small bust and large hips and behind anyway, so it can be very frustrating to see my chest size going down when I don't want it to and my rear staying exactly the same. Grrrrrr. Oh well... at least I'm losing it somewhere!

Amanchka
loudwish

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I measure a lot. Mostly my arms, cuz I find when fluid retention varies a lot, I'm bloated, and it shows on my waist obv.
Helps keep me in the know!
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi camphikefish.

For me, I do NOT take measurements. Only measurements I do take is when I need new pants or a new shirt. Other then that, no measurements at all.

Due to my T2 diabetic body, "weight" number is my only focus. If wondering, my BG numbers do best when my body weight is between 195 - 200 lbs. Over 200 lbs and my BG numbers are sluggish. Under 190 lbs and my skin looks too white. And, my face looks too thin. But between 195 - 200 lbs, my rosie checks look great. And, my BG numbers are predictable as well. As my wife often says, "my body looks normal within that weight range" - even though my body's BMI normal body range is between 173 - 178 lbs.

Hope this helps....

PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - old thread.

I took my measurements too. Going to compare them to the ones from last year.

Despite two active months, I don't think I have lost any inches or pounds. OR BMI.

Oh well, I will continue on my journey.

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com