I need to drop 40 pounds in 2 months     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gustov_III

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: I need to drop 40 pounds in 2 months Reply with quote

As you know summer has started which means school has ended for me. I'm currently around the 190 zone at the age of 16. I got this way cus when i was young my metabolism was raised. I had hepatitus at the time and wasn't eating anything for days. So from there i turned to this and i really don't like it. I've tried various things but have found holding a diet to be pretty dam hard. Recently i took it upon myself to join a gym and workout the entire summer to come back to school in september a different person. Now i need to know what exactly i should do to lose these 40 pounds in 2 months. On my searches on google i read that dropping so much weight in a short time is bad. Well i personally don't care for losing this weight is crucial to my health and some other things. So i turn to you folk of this site to see if i may be helped. Also i talk this way cus i'm bored >_>.
Gustov_III

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow 11 views no replys Confused
backer

Total Posts: 476

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.
Some times it takes a moment or two to get a reply.This is not a chat room its a message board.
You ask if losing 40 lbs in two months is healthy?Probably not.I have lost and gained alot of weight over the years and crash diets are never any good in the long run.You need to develop a lifestyle of health and fitness that can hold up in the long run.If you need to lose weight for your health then talk to your doctor,if he or she tells you to lose 40 lbs in two months then go ahead,but I dont think your going to hear that.
You say you dont care?I think you do.I think lots of people here will care too.You care enough to post here in the first place.There is all kinds of good advise and wonderful motavational material here.Make a commitment to improving your lifestyle and you will find all the help you need.

I have counted to infinity twice
hktvb2001

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I won't say that it won't work! You have to try!!!
I got that experience myself.
I am 19 years old, and my weight was 245 lbs. Just for thinking of that, I got a headache..lol

Well, in only 2 months, if I can remember, I jump from 245 lbs to 196 lbs. That was so amazing. Before I got to wear XL shirt, but I don't know if I am thinner now, but I can wear Medium size now, and I like that! Here's how I use to reach the goal. I was thinking and thinking about lipo, but I don't want to risk myself, I want to lose weight naturally...

During the first week, I don't touch to any meat, but only fish. I concentrate myself from NO FAT food. Everything like beef, chicken, breast, or whatever meat that contain FAT, I don't touch them. I only eat fish, and some mixes vegetables. But what I do is to eat less too. Usually, I eat like 3 bowls of rice with meat, but when I do the regime, I only eat 1 bowl with little vegetable and fish. Here's what I do: I start off to eat a little, like 1-2 spoon.. then I stop. After couples of minutes, I restart eating a little, 1-2 spoon, and so on and so on. That way, you are eating only 1 bowl in 20-30 minutes. After that interval, you won't fall in an hungry situation. Eat a little, stop, wait, and restart eat a little...
In only 1 week, I lose up to 5-7 pounds. I was so happy when I reached out 238 lbs. But I tell to myself that I can do it better. So I continu that plan over 4 weeks. I decide to go on with 4 weeks and see the results. Well, after 4 weeks of doing the same thing, I went to 220 lbs. It was so amazing. After 4 weeks, I start eating slowly, and I can't eat a lot. Maybe my metablolism reduce or I don't know what happen, but everytime I go to the restaurant, I can only eat a little.

After that 4 weeks, I talk to myself, and I say, if I can reach 220 lbs, so what happen if I go to the GYM? Then, I search search, and find a gym for 199$ per year. It was very cheap price. Then, I subscribe to the gym. Everydays, I go to the gym and I use the Running machine. From start, I run for around 10-12 minutes per days at level 6. Then on the next week, I do the same thing, but at level 6.5. And on the next week, I increase the power and I do 20 minutes of 6.5.
Now, as I can run without being tired, I run at level 7, and I do 2 KM with the machine. It takes around 18 minutes. After each days, the machine show that I have lost 400 calories with the machine at level 7 for 2 KM.
Also, each day, after the machine, I am doing all musculation's machine to develop my muscle.
After the next 3-4 weeks, I went to 196 lbs.
Just last 2 weeks, I start eating back very and very much. Sometime, I say, it's so easy to lose weight, so why don't I start eating back a lot and losing them later.. Then, last 2 weeks, I eat and eat hamburger at McDonald, each night, I bought chocolate and eat intensively just for fun. Sometime, when I can't sleep, I put video on, and I make for myself a cup of noodles with eeg, shop suey.. yummy.., and I gain back to 210 lbs. I was so unhappy to see my weight jumping up each week. So I decide to redo the same procedure. But this time, it doesnt work.
I go to gym, and eat fish only, but it always stay 208-211 lbs. It vary everyday, but it stay around 210 lbs. FORGET IT MAN! I don't have time to lose for it. Usually, in my mind, I suppose to lose 5 lbs per weeks, less than that, I can't supporte. So last week, I was like crazy of losing weight, and I want to reach back my 196 lbs, so here's what I do, but I really don't want YOU to do that. If you can support that, it's ok, but if you fell bad or anything, it's not my fault.

Well, I'm working from 2:30 pm to midnight in a factory of clothing. So, all the day, I don't eat anything, and when I came back to home, at midnight, I start eating. Now I can eat meat, and fat food. I do that for 1 week. Working the day, I don't eat anything, and I drink a little, and at midnight, I eat. I go to sleep, and I wake up at around 1 pm, then I start to prepare to work and redo the same procedure. Just only in 1 week, I jump back to 204 lbs. Now on this week, in only 2 days, I am now 198 lbs.
I will build a site of myself and I will let you know how I am growing in my diet plan, and what is my weight. The site isn't built yet, but I will do it on this week or the next week. Just bookmark : www.vm-source.com/diet
WHen I will so the site, you can also share your diet experience with me. Wink

Have a nice day. It's a long text huh?
Gustov_III

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That long post really helps. I'm going to try that for 2 weeks and see if I get good results. Just i have a few questions. What fish did you eat? And did you run on the treadmill everyday? Cus I don't have work to worry about and I have alot of free time a day to head to the gym.
hktvb2001

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know. I hate to have free time, cuz when I have nothing to do, I always think of eating.
Well, I think it doesn't matter what kind of fish to eat. I just eat fish that my mom cooked for me. What I put in my mind is that there's NO FAT.
Yes, I do run on the threadmill everydays. If you just start, I suggest you to do at least 20 minutes per day. I know when you just start, it's very hard and very hard. Sometimes, I did plan to abandon my routine, but when I think that I can be thinner one day, it motivate me more, so I continu to run. I know, it's very long to pass 20 minutes on a treadmill than 20 minutes of watching TV, but I suggest you to bring with you an MP3 Player. I love listen to music, and it's amaze me when I run and listen to the song. It can help you to forget about the timing. Or as I always do, each song's around 4 minutes, so just after 5 songs, I can reach out 20 minutes. Wink
I know I am lazy, but it helps me.
Don't forget to remember my site: www.vm-source.com/diet
I will post my diet plan routine and I will let everyone know what happen to me everyday. If I lose weight, or what do I eat.. in summary, my whole diet life. Wink

Have a nice day!
Dilligaf30

Total Posts: 456

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gustov_III:

Wow after reading that post from the other person I was actually shocked to see that you are going to follow through with their way of "dieting" This is no way of dieting, nor is it a lifestyle change. Take it from someone who knows, and who has struggled with their weight all of their life... YOU CANNOT EAT THIS WAY... It is not healthy. If you follw through with this so called plan of theirs, not only can you make yourself VERY sick, but you can and will gain the weight back when you go back to eating your regular foods.

Dieting is mind over matter, and it should be done in a very healthy way. You need to cut back your foods and watch what you eat, but you also need to make sure you add lean meat (protein), diary, "good" carbohydrates, and fruits and vegetables. Eat every three to four hours, but eat small meals... with healthy snacks in between those meals.

There are some very knowledgable people here at diet.com, and you even have the opportunity to ask RDShauna any questions you might have. You can send her a private message, or if you are a Premium Member you can go to "Rate My Plate" and "Coaching Corner" boards and ask her there. There is also mackadoodle- this woman is very knowledgable on the ins and outs of dieting. Look her up and talk to her. I have read some posts by her here, and have asked my personal trainer about some of the things she has said, and 99% of the time he tells me that she is right.

Dieting does not mean starving yourself, nor does it mean you cannot eat the foods that you love, MODERATION is the key, and exercise. You need to burn more fuel than you take in, in order to lose, but that should be done in a healthy apsect. Fad diets DO NOT WORK for long.

I hope you do not take this post the wrong way- I just want for you to be careful... As I have said there are some very knowledgable people here, and if you search the boards a little more you will see that we are very supportive of each other, and even though we offer advice to each other, you don't always have to take it, but it is good to hear what other people think. Many of us cry here, we celebrate hear, and most of all we support here.

Look around and make yourself at home... Good luck. I hope you think all of this through before you jump into some kind of unhealthy diet. 5-7 pounds a week is VERY UNHEALTHY... Believe me, people will notice even if you only lose 10-12 pounds in the next two months, but 40 is a bit much.

Holli

I'd rather EAT my calories than DRINK them. I'd rather LOSE fat than EAT it.
Gustov_III

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilligaf30 wrote:
Hi Gustov_III:

Wow after reading that post from the other person I was actually shocked to see that you are going to follow through with their way of "dieting" This is no way of dieting, nor is it a lifestyle change. Take it from someone who knows, and who has struggled with their weight all of their life... YOU CANNOT EAT THIS WAY... It is not healthy. If you follw through with this so called plan of theirs, not only can you make yourself VERY sick, but you can and will gain the weight back when you go back to eating your regular foods.

Dieting is mind over matter, and it should be done in a very healthy way. You need to cut back your foods and watch what you eat, but you also need to make sure you add lean meat (protein), diary, "good" carbohydrates, and fruits and vegetables. Eat every three to four hours, but eat small meals... with healthy snacks in between those meals.

There are some very knowledgable people here at diet.com, and you even have the opportunity to ask RDShauna any questions you might have. You can send her a private message, or if you are a Premium Member you can go to "Rate My Plate" and "Coaching Corner" boards and ask her there. There is also mackadoodle- this woman is very knowledgable on the ins and outs of dieting. Look her up and talk to her. I have read some posts by her here, and have asked my personal trainer about some of the things she has said, and 99% of the time he tells me that she is right.

Dieting does not mean starving yourself, nor does it mean you cannot eat the foods that you love, MODERATION is the key, and exercise. You need to burn more fuel than you take in, in order to lose, but that should be done in a healthy apsect. Fad diets DO NOT WORK for long.

I hope you do not take this post the wrong way- I just want for you to be careful... As I have said there are some very knowledgable people here, and if you search the boards a little more you will see that we are very supportive of each other, and even though we offer advice to each other, you don't always have to take it, but it is good to hear what other people think. Many of us cry here, we celebrate hear, and most of all we support here.

Look around and make yourself at home... Good luck. I hope you think all of this through before you jump into some kind of unhealthy diet. 5-7 pounds a week is VERY UNHEALTHY... Believe me, people will notice even if you only lose 10-12 pounds in the next two months, but 40 is a bit much.

Holli
Normally a person would believe your last commect. But being kinda on the short side i developed some rolls on my sides. Well 1. But it's very annoying to look at. And quite frankly i do not believe only losing 10 - 12 pounds in 2 months will make much of an improvement over it. I'm going to start hitting the gym next week. And i'll decide on how i will limit my eating. But I personally enjoy eating fish so i may stick to eating fish instead of meat. I'll try it out for 2 weeks and see how it all goes. Tnx for your input tho Smile
hktvb2001

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey "Dilligaf30",

I know that my method is very and very bad. But maybe you don't know how we feel. Maybe sometimes, I really hate to see my weight. As my friend told me that I am looking thinner, it makes me very happy. Well, like I said, my method works for me, but I really don't suggest that to everyone. The biggest important part on my story should be the one that going to "GYM" and eat "FISH" instead of meat. I think that's the two main points to develop my diet routine. Well, the last guy want to lose more than 20-40 pounds in two months, and it's very and very hard. I just tell him what I did. Well, it works for me, so I am happy. Starting by tomorrow, I will be going back to GYM and extend my duration of doing the treadmill. I have heard that someone's losing great pounds by eating each 3-4 hours of intervalls 4 times a day. Well, I didn't try that. Now, as you say it. I will try that starting tomorrow and give myself two weeks! From 26 June 2006 to 8 July 2006. Two to see the result. Wink
I have heard other's person saying that fit to protein food is not a good way to lose weight. Some others saying it's a good. way. Well, I really don't know who tell the truth, but FISH's got a lot of protein. If I am right. Well, I will post back my result of trying your tips in 8 July 2006.
If you want to see my online result, please check out my web site. Wink
www.vm-source.com/diet

Bye!
Gustov_III

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also will begin my weight lose plan tomorrow. If i see good results after 2 weeks I will continue it. And depending on how much I lose from here to september. Even if i don't lose 40 pounds I will continue it through september until i reach my ideal weight and simply stick to my routine of eating so i don't regain the weight. Tnx for all the help and I will report back in 2 weeks with my results Smile
Cynthia40

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: ONE DAY AT A TIME Reply with quote

I have done very similar things like you are doing right now to lose a lot of weight in a fairly short period of time. The good news is that it works; the bad news is that it doesn`t last and one often ends of gaining more weight back than the original starting weight.
Shocked

You can do it this way if you want, but it is temporary. Diets do not work, despite the name of the website. It is all about making lifestyle changes - for your entire life, not just a few months. The body goes into starvation mode and when you start eating ''normally'' again after the diet, things get out of control (ie. you gain weight, feel terrible, loss of energy, etc).

I too would love to lose 40 pounds by the fall, but it is unreasonable and much too hard on your body. I know. When I was on maternity leave quite a few years ago I decided to lose 55 pounds in 17 weeks. I was successful but not for long.........it took you time to put on this weight, so give yourself a reasonable amount of time to lose it ok. You will be the winner in the end. Life style changes..............one day at a time.

I am there for you if you want to vent or talk.

Cynthia
hktvb2001

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with you, but when I do my routine, like I said before, it looks like that my metabolism is getting smaller everyday. I want to eat more, but I can't. It's like, my stomach is full. Well, actually, I am 197 pounds, and I start to feel better. Before, when I have nothing to do, I always think of eating chocolate and bla bla. But now, I don't feel that emotion anymore. I just, in other word "HATE food" lol. Now, I am doing the routine that I have to eat at an intervall of 3 hours. I see that I am losing pound, but very less compare to my own last routine. Maybe it's better for my health... Well, the key that I put in mind is IT WORKS. That's all I want. I hope to be able to reach 160 pounds one day. Wink
backer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello hk
Good to see you make progress.Remember your health is very important,Its hard to grasp that when you have it but trust me on this one.
I do know how you guys feel I was a fat teen and I solved the problem in the worst possible ways.I was desparate and did all kinds of stupid things.Guess what ,im a fat middle aged man.Your exercise program is great,your on top of this,and good luck the rest of the way.You dont have to give up food groups to lose weight,in fact you must not.Eat a balanced healthy diet in moderation and you will not only get where you want to be you will stay there
good luck work hard
Brian

Dilligaf30

Total Posts: 456

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian and Cynthia:

I am glad to know that I am not the only one that has tried explaining to these two that the key is Moderation... And that if they follow through with this they wil gain the weight back when they go back to their normal routine. I suppose some of us are a little more desperate than others.

However, on another note... I too have tried drastic changes to lose weight in the past, and have found that once I go back to my "regular" eating I have gained the weight back plus some.

I do not know how to get through to people like this, but maybe they will learn from experience.

I have struggled with my weight all of my life, and am now 8.5 pounds away from my goal weight, and I have done it in a very sensible manner. People notice when you lose ten pounds, and they notice when you lose 20- it is just a matter of wanting it bad enough to do it the correct way, and changing your lifestyle (As Cynthia has said, and I think I mentioned in my first post).

I wish you both the best in your weight lose efforts.
Holli

I'd rather EAT my calories than DRINK them. I'd rather LOSE fat than EAT it.
backer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dill.This means alot to me.
It is hard for me,sometimes because I want my problems solved now.I guess we all do.Im on a lifestyle of balanced nutrition plenty of exercise,im doing it right,but sometimes the demon on my left shoulder says if you skip breakfast you will lose even faster.Iwont in the long run and I have to keep telling myself that.
Every stupid scheame I have tried has worked at first and left me fatter 2 months down the road.One thing I think I have fianally learned is that if I cant do it forever it is not worth doing.I can go to the gym forever,I can walk every day for the rest of my life,I cant just eat grape fruit only for very long.
Good luck with your own efforts

Brian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com