How much exercise should I work out every day?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mity_sparro

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: How much exercise should I work out every day? Reply with quote

I am looking for a diet program to join. This one looks very nice but I just wondering after I start a diet plan, how much exercise I need to do everyday? Should I work out as much as I can and hold the hungry feeling afterwards? I have been working out maybe 30 mins a day 5 days a week for 2 months but didn't really see any improvement yet.

Could anyone give me some advice about exercising? Thanks :
Christa2000

Total Posts: 97

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How much exercise should I work out every day? Reply with quote

Hi Mity,

Weight loss is a combination of cardio, weight training and eating healthily below your body's calorie needs. Always eat 6 small meals per day and you will never be hungry. Right after exercising, eat something like oatmeal with soymilk and protein powder and blueberries. Your muscles need protein for repair. I exercise about an hour a day in a gym. Monday/Wednesday/Friday upper bnody weight training (after 5 min warmup on elliptical). Tuesday/Thursday cardio and legs.

Smile

Christa
Annapanda

Total Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: BFL Reply with quote

before i joined my new gym which has great group fitness classes I love, I was using the excercise guidelines in the book Body For Life and had great results, especially since I was just starting out and was so out of shape I could barely be on the treadmill 10 minutes.

His system is really sensible and not shocking to the body so you won't overexert and then stop, or underexert and see no results... it's basically a 6-day program of alternating weights workouts and cardio. The cardio is interval-based, which I still use and think works really well, and the weights circuit is very balanced (one day upper body weights, then a day of cardio, then a day of lower body weights, then cardio, and so on...) and I found it challenging but not daunting.

As a mesomorph woman I needed to add more cardio, but also I had the BFL For Men book when I started and only later realized there was one geared for women which also emphasized more cardio and less weight reps, and that variation really helped me.

Anyway, I do recommend the book - it's not about a short-term fix, it's a great primer on learning how and why to excercise and what is good for the body and what is damaging when it comes to changing your body forever... Plus it's really inspirational. It really helped get me motivated and keep me on track until I got going enough that I didn't need to rely on it anymore...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com