tues 5/2 night eating     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
staceyf

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: tues 5/2 night eating Reply with quote

I have to fight with myself to stop eating by 9pm. I know it's habit because I've been reducing calories to the point I'm hardly ever hungry at night. I'm just so used to nibling all evening. I don't keep fatening stuff in the house but diet food has calories and if I take in more calories than I spend, well - we know, don't we.

I have a friend who is a physician who does weight managment, mostly for pharmaceuticals. SHe says it really doesn't matter when you eat, it's the total caloric intake for the day. Of course, Oprah and her team of experts insist no more food, I think within 4 hours of sleep. I do know my weight loss is greater when I don't eat at night. It may be I don't take in the extra calories or that metabolism thing with sleeping. All I know is it does enhance my loss. It's just really hard to do. They say it takes 21 days to change a habit. I guess I just suffer for those 21 days. Ok, fine, I'll suffer.....Any body else have any experience in this?

"You can light a candle or curse the darkness."
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: tues 5/2 night eating Reply with quote

staceyf wrote:
I have a friend who is a physician who does weight managment, mostly for pharmaceuticals. SHe says it really doesn't matter when you eat, it's the total caloric intake for the day. Of course, Oprah and her team of experts insist no more food, I think within 4 hours of sleep.

Your friend is correct. Oprah's team of "experts" is not. I love Oprah, but I'm sure you've noticed that she has struggled with keeping her weight off (like most of us) for years...and still does to this day.

We should be eating about 6 times per day...small balanced clean meals...at regular intervals. It doesn't matter what time it is, when you have your last one.

In fact, we do most of our fat-burning while we sleep...regardless of whether we are also digesting food at night or not.

Its what we eat, on a regular basis, round-the-clock, every day...that counts. And of course exercise!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com