Cant Seem to Lose Weight...I'm Frustrated...Help     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faithful_Angel_24

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Cant Seem to Lose Weight...I'm Frustrated...Help Reply with quote

HI! I am a mother of two young kids and cant seem to find the time to excercise. Im frustrated. When I do exercise I do good for a week, jump on the scale and no progress. I dont know what to do. Can somebody help me? I feel like I cant lose weight and I need to for health reasons.
Mad Faithul Angel 24
baby-angel

Total Posts: 162

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you would have to give it longer than a week Laughing
Are you using the tracker on here to keep an eye on what, when and why you eat Question
There are alot of mother's here on this site, so they may be able to give you a more helpful hand.
Making weekly mini goals is also a good way to break the major goal into smaller more manageable one's. And of course, support and encouragement from us Wink
By adding just a couple of things here and there to your day, you will be amazed at the changes.
I wish you well Smile
Penny Very Happy

If we alway\'s do what we alway\'s did, we will alway\'s get what we alway\'s got
mommaguppy

Total Posts: 100

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom of three little guys here. I don't have a scale. I have a measuring tape and a pair of jeans that used to fit - I use those instead of a scale.

Scales tend to do the same thing to me that you said they do to you; make me depressed and frustrated! it's great seeing the numbers get smaller and smaller, but to be honest, I'd rather see ME get smaller, and that takes time. Often, a lot more time than often seems fair! So what does it matter if a few pounds of water weight goes away and comes back? If you are doing cardio and weight training reguarly, and breaking a sweat each time (intensity is important!) you are building muscle! And we've all probably heard it a bazillion times - muscle burns more calories than fat!

However, muscle takes time to build! I don't want to have to wait for it either - but this isn't just another quick fix for me - this is for life! I want these changes to be permanent. I'd bet you do too! So be patient with your body, add some weight training in if you haven't already and remember why you are doing this! For health, for your happiness and for your family, right? What are your other motivations?

You CAN and you WILL do it! Holler at me any time you want or need someone to back you up - it's what we are all here for!

~MG

If you want to be somebody else; if you\'re tired of fighting battles with yourself; if you want to be somebody else; change your mind! ~Sister Hazel, Change Your Mind
lilbabygirlsamsmom

Total Posts: 115

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, let me say don't be discouraged! I am having the same problem right now. But it is for just right now. I know that seems easier said than done but knowing there are better days ahead and truly believing it is the difference between giving up and sticking with it.
Each person has to decide for themselves the right way for them to go about keeping a check on their progress. Be a tape measure or a scale or clothing.
I have a 16 1/2 month old and a husband who is currently laid off and at home all the time so I understand not being able to find the time to exercise. I said and had been saying this forever. So I finally just decided to make myself a priority. I made it just as important as keeping a doctor's appointment, taking a shower, or sitting down for 20 minutes to pay bills. For the longest time I had to deal with the guilt of taking time out for myself when there were things I could be doing to benefit the family. Then it hit me. Taking care of myself does benefit the family. I am happier, more energetic, healthier, and even an inspiration that I hope they will one day look at and see as a role model for their own habits.
What finally worked to get me started again was to wake up earlier and exercise before anyone else was up. I was so tired to begin with I felt it was a waste of time. Why torture myself? Then after a few days I started having more energy and waking up on my own without the clock. I just had to stick with it to get to that point. Now it is a habit like brushing my teeth and happy to say eating breakfast.
If you need any help or have any questions I am happy to help. I know the hardest part is just getting started. But once you start it does get easier and can even become a habit to look forward too.
BTW, since having my baby the joy of a good book has fallen to the wayside so now when I walk I listen to audio books. Even one or two chapters at a time is a good start. I usually get so caught up in what I am "reading" I don't want to quit!!
Good Luck and hang in there.
duckijo

Total Posts: 33

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faithul Angel 24,

Don't ever give up. This is something that is not going to happen in a week or a month. The best thing that I can offer is the same as everyone else, make the time.

I work full time - leave at 6 am get home at 5:30 pm, my husband works evenings, so I am home alone with 2 kids everyday. Getting dinner ready, baths, etc... When I decided that this was the time that I was going to lose weight, I found the time to exercise. I have been waiting for time to appear in my afternoon schedule to exercise, but it's not happening. So, I get up at 4:15 everyday to exercise. The extra 45 mins sleep don't seem as important now and I am happier with more energy, even though I got a little less sleep.

Also, always have a plan. When I get home, I know exactly what is for dinner, so that I don't eat naughty food. At work, I always have a supply of heathly snacks in my desk, so that I am not temped by the vending machines.

I hope that helps!

-Lisa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com