Diet recommendations?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swee_tee

Total Posts: 46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Diet recommendations? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard about the abs diet?? I am new to losing weight, and could use any recommendations for diets. PLease help!! I am trying to get back to prebaby size, and it is soooo hard, especially when my youngest is almost 4!!!
Christa2000

Total Posts: 97

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard about this diet and looked up their website. Since they want to sell the book, they don't tell you much about the secret behind this diet. But I did see a few things that I have read on diet.com as well:

" We should be grazing on modest amounts of good food throughout the day, the way nature intended.
The Abs Diet encourages you to focus on (not restrict yourself to) a generous market basket of food types—the Abs Diet Power 12—to fulfill your core nutritional needs.
Include two or three of these foods in each of your three major meals and at least one of them in each of your three snacks.
Diversify your food at every meal to get a combination of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
Make sure you sneak a little bit of protein into each snack. "

I believe more and more in the importance of eating 6 small balanced "meals" per day, with good fats found in salmon, olive oil, peanuts, avocados etc. Body and brain just need this. Protein (soy shake, tuna, salmon) and carbs (fruit, oats, sprouted grain & seed bread) are just as important.

Good luck.

Christa
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christa2000 wrote:

I believe more and more in the importance of eating 6 small balanced "meals" per day, with good fats found in salmon, olive oil, peanuts, avocados etc. Body and brain just need this. Protein (soy shake, tuna, salmon) and carbs (fruit, oats, sprouted grain & seed bread) are just as important.
Good luck.

Great post, Christa!!! I also get some of my protein from lean meats...yes, even beef and pork.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com