Cafeteria Food - Processed Food     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
julielowry

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Cafeteria Food - Processed Food Reply with quote

Hi, Everyone! I'm new to diet.com, so here goes: I'm 5'4" 141, looking to get down to about 125. Starting some weight training at my work's gym, and am planning on some kind of cardio. Right now my big challenge is that I LOVE junkfood, processed food, etc. I like cooking, but only when I'm in the mood (maybe once or twice a week.) The rest of the time I want something quick and/or easy. So, (1) what do I do at lunch when I go to the cafeteria and am surrounded by cookies, burgers, etc., and (2) what do I do when I get home from work, don't feel like cooking, and grab a frozen pizza? How do I "reprogram" myself, and what do I reprorgam myself to do?
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you only like to cook about twice a week, you could try making huge batches of everything...so you have leftovers.

I make everything in huge batches. Even my oatmeal...and scrambled eggwhites. I make enough of those to last 4 days.

I also precook meats/seafood, veggies, rice, potatoes. (or at least get it prepped & ready to cook quickly). Pretty much everything that I want in my diet...is planned & prepped. That way everything is ready to either:
*cook very quickly
*or just needs to be re-heated
*or ready to eat as is
*or grab on the go...out the door...to take to work with me...so I don't eat cafeteria junk.

I don't know how you can re-program yourself...but if you're serious about getting into rockin' hot shape...then you need to be serious about cleaning up your diet. That simple.

What? Who the heck am I? Laughing Just somebody with an opinion...and a pretty decent healthy diet, if I do say so myself. I've been making very good progress, lately by practicing what I preach...and I too have a breakroom full of junk food at work. The more, I bring my own food...the less likely I am to be tempted by the junk. Junk food to me, is an occassional treat...not a daily staple. And when its time for an allowed, planned treat...you can bet its gonna be something a heck-of-a-lot more fun & delicious than the crap in the employee cafeteria!! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com