Lateral Mini Stepper - POST AN EXERCISE PRODUCT REVIEW     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAGGIEMAE

Total Posts: 741

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Lateral Mini Stepper - POST AN EXERCISE PRODUCT REVIEW Reply with quote

Product Description: Wow! this is not like the usual mini steppers our there. You step side to side to target outer thighs and buns!

"The hydraulic cylinders offer smooth motion and optimal resistance as you step from side to side like a downhill skier. Its built-in LCD workout monitor shows elapsed time, steps per minute, total number of steps taken and estimated calories burned."

"Adjust the stepper's vertical height to target specific muscle groups and vary the resistance level. The generous footpads are nonslip and feature raised safety edges. Compact but stable piece of home fitness equipment easily hides away under a bed or in a closet. "

I love mine! this is a great workout and you do not need to stay on it very long...6 minutes wore me out! I purchased mine from the Sharper Image Ebay store for about $24.00. (Others out there go for $80.00!)http://stores.ebay.com/The-Sharper-Image

I give it a 5 out of 5 stars!
MAGGIEMAE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...maybe I am the only one out here with a mini stepper at home!

If you are having doubts about it's usefulness,...check this out...I went from 6 minutes to 12 minutes using it , and I also have lost 3 pounds in 1 week! Coincidence? I think not!

I sweat more than I do when I jog on mytreadmill for 30 min! AND my thighs and butt are sore for two days afterwards with the lateral stepper (I have never had sore legs with the treadmill) MY heart rate stays elevated for at least 20 min. after I get off the lateral!

Is there anybody else who has one of these?

Maggie:
A work in progress
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, but I am seriously considering it!!! I love my elliptical trainer, but I do like to vary my workouts so I don't get bored. I just don't want to get a nother bulky piece of equipment. So the size (and price) of this one really appeals to me.

Thanks for posting this Maggie!!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
bayoubomb

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Mini Stepper Reply with quote

This sounds great. I'm just wondering, though, does it put a lot of stress on your knees?
MAGGIEMAE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am not a physical therapist or anything but the information that came with it claims it is easy on the knees because it is low impact.

It has been a great addition to my growing assortment of exercise gadgets. Cool

Maggie:
A work in progress
jnails29

Total Posts: 67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggiemae:

I've been running/fast walking on the treadmill for months and I feel like my thighs are toning up but still jiggly. I'm seriously contemplating purchasing this machine. It sounds great. Question for you.......Do you feel like it is helping you lose inches on your thighs? Besides for toning I would love to lose inches.

I recently started doing the old Legs of Steel tape and I know its working since I can't move for two days after I do it but I feel like that tape puts a lot of pressure on the knees since it is bending and squatting. This machine sounds like it takes away some of the knee strain.

Joanna

imaloser

Total Posts: 52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok you twisted my arm Very Happy
I went to Sharper image and bought one. I bought the refurbished one. Sharper Image is great with returns. It was $23.97 plus tax and shipping. Will let you know if I like it.

MAGGIEMAE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Kate, mine is made by Sharper Image It is called the Side Stepper Lateral Leg Strengthener. I bought a reconditioned one and it works perfectly!

Other models by other manufacturers do not work the same, (they step out - like a cross country skier motion) or look as sturdy (TERRASTAR , SUNNY ,PHOENIX , Stamina) The Sharper Image model weighs 15 pounds!

Maggie:
A work in progress
Elanor

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just bought one in the Uk called 'lateral Thigh Trimmer'. It is very good, it doesn't seem to have hydraulics and is very smooth. I also has exercise cords to work the upper body. I bought it as I have problems with impact exercise and my knee. I saw it advertised in tv but bought it off the internet for almost half the price. It came with a video which is very good. Very Happy
baby-angel

Total Posts: 162

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a latteral thigh trainer, and I hated it. I'm not sure if it's the same as what you guys are talking about, but I bought one, it broke, they replaced it, it broke. I returned it and they gave me another new one, which I sold to a friend. She too found it not great and ended up breaking Shocked. I saw them advertised at another store a few months on, so I bought another, and that too broke, they fixed it, so I gave it to my mother Wink
They say this one is made here in New Zealand, so I'm assuming our one's are not as good as your guys one!!! Rolling Eyes
Penny Very Happy

If we alway\'s do what we alway\'s did, we will alway\'s get what we alway\'s got
MAGGIEMAE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW PENNY! You really gave it a good try didn't you?
You guessed it, there are many differences between the different models out there but one thing I know has impressed me about mine is the heavy-duty quality of the parts, (mine weighs 26pounds!). I suspect that the mini-stepper you had weighed less than the model I have. Another difference could have been in the mechanism that makes the stepper actually move. Some are just sliding footpads that you simply rock back and forth on like a teeter totter, while the model I use has hydraulic pumps that add resistance, you have to push down hard with every step. Sorry you had a bad experience but thank you for sharing it! We all need to be informed consumers.

Maggie:
A work in progress
baby-angel

Total Posts: 162

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone know's, the brand I bought was 'Infiniti'.
I just don't want to put anyone off from my experience, because of a confusion with brands and names. Wink
Penny Very Happy

If we alway\'s do what we alway\'s did, we will alway\'s get what we alway\'s got

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com