Just another Newbie here, wanting to lose weight.     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOCKHA885

Total Posts: 27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Just another Newbie here, wanting to lose weight. Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier, I am another Newbie who wants to lose some pounds, actually about 65 would do it.
I am a stay at home wife, no children and in my 50's.
I have always had to work on staying fit and trim. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I just eat and eat and eat, til I am overweight, and unhappy with ME.
I know how to eat healthy and to exercise will help me to feel better and look better, but somedays I just don't give a D--N!
You all know how it is, you are here for the same thing I am, moral support and motivation.
I started another workout routine yesterday, 3/6/6. I am working out on my Bowflex machine doing either upper or lower body exercises each day. Before I would do them all in one day, and within a week was BORED so I am working out at a much slower pace, and after doing those, which takes about 30 minutes to do either one, I do another 15 minutes of Ab's and later in the day, I am doing about 30 minutes of Stretching and Toning exercises from a book I had recently purchase from Walmart called; "Stretching and Toning for Flexibility and Defination."
The book is a lot of different moves to help me get more flexible. I need that so much.
It is supposed to sort of be based on Yoga, and the principle of slow and controlled movement, which can really make you sweat if you do it correctly, and I am working on doing them all the right way, not just building up momentum and getting it done.
Anyway, that is my introduction of me to you.
I am so very glad to have found this site, and really had been a member for almost a year, before even reading and posting, how sad is that?
Anyway, good luck to all, and hope to read more posts on problems and solutions everyday.
Teresa40

Total Posts: 119

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lock,

I am a single mother of eight children that has been thru a lot in my life including the dreaded weight gain leading to obesity. I need to loose about 80 more lbs to be where I will be satisfied. I am involved with a man and have been for 5 years and hope to be married soon. We have a 4 yr old together. I have also just became more involved in the boards and have been a member for a while. I just started taking this program serious and using it to my advantage in January of this yr. Boy am I glad I have because it has sure helped in my motivation and loosing weight. I can get the help I need and ask the questions I need without feeling stupid. I have lost 21 lbs so far after the whole start up again and I am still struggling believe me. I had a bad week just last week and I needed to talk to get back on track, and that is what I got from diet.com. I am glad you are giving this another chance also and I wish you all the luck in the world on your new journey. Give yourself a pat on the back and move forward each day. Glad to meet you. Wink

Teresa
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Newbie Reply with quote

Hello Teresa,
I am so glad to meet you.
I have two sisters that I am trying to get to read this site, but, sometimes we just have to lead them here, and let them do the rest Exclamation
I don't have children so raising them in something I don't know a lot about.
I do have a couple of pets, and a couple of horses, no children.
I have many times been on this ride, and don't like it and don't like having to do it again, but I am the only one to blame, no one made me overeat, or eat all day. No one but me, and my weakness. I am working daily on overcoming that weakness, but like your week last week ,some are easier than others.
Anyway, it is good to meet you and hopefully together we can get fit and trim with all the help on site here.
Thanks for the warm welcome too. Smile
Oh, yeah by the way, where are you located, and how old are you?
I live in WV and am 55 this year.
Somedays I feel 55 somedays I think I am only 20. Exclamation Wish it were 20 more often than 55. Laughing
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: OOOOHHHHH Gaining not losing! Reply with quote

Hello all,
I just wanted to post the fact that after a long day yesterday and working out for a total of more than three hours, I have gained five pounds.
BUT.... I also know that the gain is because I am building muscle and not fat, for I have been monitoring my food intake very closely and that is not the problem, not at all. Thank God! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
I have worked out enough to know that as my body does more it is building Muscles and the Muscle weighs more, inch for inch, than does the fat. Rolling Eyes I realize you all probably know all of this but I have to write it down to keep it all straight and not allow it to control me, like giving up before I really begun. Embarassed
I am working out more than normal, and by normal I mean what I used to do,before I gave up and ate myself into this mess because I know there are going to be days that I have errands to run, and chores that have to be done right then and I won't have the time to do all the workout routines I am now doing. I also am working out to help me stop OVEREATING. Exclamation I know that if I am working out, I am using up fat to make the energy to work out, and building the muscles I need to survive this life in a better condition than I am right now. Wink
So this is just an update on my progress for the day, or for yesterday. Embarassed
Good Luck all with today, and let's all worry only about today, and let's let tomorrow take care of itself, at least for today, right Question
Hope to hear some news about you all soon.
Teresa40

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lock, I am 40 yrs old and will turn 41 in august. I am in Ne. and the weather here is very strange. One day is 60 degrees and the next it is 20 and windy. Can't walk outside much then and I just hate it. I have a puppy that is 6 months old almost and a cat that is 3 yrs old. they add up to be quite a bit with 6 girls in the house also. You seem to be doing ok on your progress, don't let the wieght on the scale get you down though ok?? Wink
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: CSL-Kate, Weight change Reply with quote

No, I didn't weigh myself the same day I did the exercise, it was the next day, early this morning.
I am not discouraged tho, for I realize what my body is doing, so I will not get angry or upset. It is a normal thing for this to happen. I know this and it is OK.
I was just posting and getting it all worked out in my head.
Thanks for asking.
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Teresa40, recent posting. Reply with quote

Hello Teresa,
It is nice to meet you. I understand about the weather out there. Here in WV we have had a very mild winter, actually only a couple of days of snow all winter long. I don't like winter anymore, but I am so afraid we are really going to have to pay for this mild winter one day.
I am working hard at working out, so I can keep in the Motivated state.
Does that make sense to you?
Somedays I just try and try to think of something to do so I won't have to work out, so when I am in the mood, I really try to work out.
I know this phase will die down and I will have to start to really think about working out, before I do it daily. Right now, I am enjoying the phase of ENERGY galore.
How have you been doing today?
I imagine raising all those girls is really a job, one that you wouldn't give up, but also one that some days you could just walk away and forget yourself all together?
I would have loved to have children, but it wasn't for us to be parents, I guess. We worked at it for about 15 years, then just gave up, and decided that God had other plans for us.
Anyway, hope to hear from you soon.
Take care.
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Feeling GOOD! Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am writing today to tell all how much better I feel today, after exercising for three days in a row.
I have stayed on-track, and have consumed less calories than I had been eating so that makes me feel better.
I am keeping track of the calories and the Free diet site said to lose the weight I sould consume no more than 1798 calories per day, yesterday was a total of 1697. I am under, but that is OK. This is a total caloric intake I can live with. I lost weight one time on 900 calories a day, but that was a long time ago, and I was much younger too. It was a bad idea after I thought about it, but at the time I only needed to lose 35 pounds. I did it in six months. I didn't work-out then, so the exercise I did was just cleaning a four room apartment, and sometimes mow the yard.
Anyway, just a daily post, or morning post, to keep me up to date on my progress.
How is everyone else doing today? Any progress to report, or any problems to share?
I will listen and try to help make sense of it all with you, if you want share with me.
Take Care, be good to yourself, if you aren't who will be?
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like you are defenitely on the right track, Lock! Way to go!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Recent post... Reply with quote

Thank you Tigersi,
I am working hard to keep me busy and out of the fridge. I have a tendency to sit down and EAT. My mom taught me this bad habit and I have tried all my life to quit doing it, and some days I succeed but some days, the fridge has my name and is calling me, loud and clear. Laughing
Hope the rest of the day goes as easily as the first part has gone. I did my exercise, (Stretching and Toning) and then worked out on the Bowflex for 30 minutes and then did 15 minutes of Abs. Then I just returned from a one and one half hour walk on a newly removed Rail Road Bed, by newly removed, I mean the tracks were recently removed and it is very hard walking on those rolling gravels. But just yesterday the Co. who is removing the rails were back and smoothing it up some so that really helped me and my walk, not so many rolling gravels to make me stagger.
Anyway thanks for the boost, to all who post.
I need all the help and encouragement I can get, some days more than others, but as most of us here know all is a good thing. All being all who post and encourage Exclamation
Thanks again. How is your day going Question
Any good news to report or share Question
We seem to be good listeners, so let's all share our days here, and get all the encouragement and support we are all here for. Wink
Have a great Afternoon Exclamation
Teresa40

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOCK, I started out the day ok but as it went I just seemed to want more and more food. I tried to stay into the healthy food but boy was I tempted at work today with cake and all. I ended up eating a rice krispy bar thouh and then later an ice cream treat from weight watchers. SO when all was said and done I could of just a soon ate the cake!! I worked out for a bit today and will do more as time goes. I need to send RD Shauna a note and ask her what I should try and do?
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Zig Zag plan??? Reply with quote

Hello all,
How was your day yesterday? A good one I surely hope. Cool
I had a good one, exercised about three hours all totalled and didn't go beyond the daily calorie count on the Zig Zag calorie count, Thank God Exclamation
I have already finished doing my Stretching and Toning Exercises this morning, for I have a Dr. appointment and had to get it in early. I usually don't get it done before 10 am, but since I will probably be gone about all the day, I figured that I had better do it while I had the time. Laughing
I decided to try the Zig Zag method of Calorie counting listed on freedieting.com. to see if it will help me to lose the weight without feeling guilty about eating a different amount of calories every day, like I usually do. When I do that, I seem to eat a lot less than is good for me, and that isn't so good, or so I have been told. Wink
Anyway, just a morning update for me, and hoping all is doing good and working toward that all new body we all know is hiding under all those clothes. Smile
Well Teresa, I see you did good yesterday, and please don't beat yourself up for the ice cream and the other treat Exclamation
It is OK to eat such things, just don't do like I usually do and eat the whole thing. Embarassed
Anyway, Stay Strong all, and I will be back this afternoon, hopefully Question
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Sunday update... Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am just updating my latest posting with the news that I am doing good on my eating on the Zig Zag plan from freedieting.com.
I am eating a different amount everyday, to keep my body in the dark about my new eating habits to stave off the plateaus that usually come with any calorie change in my life.
I am doing OK in the exercises too. I have basically taken the weekend off but did about 30 minutes of Stretching and Toning, but got a bit sick to my stomach so stopped and ate a little bit more for the day. Hopefully, I can get the other 30 mintues done before going to bed tonight, but, if I don't then I am not going to obsess about it. I refuse to let it get me down and make me quit already, after just starting again.
Hope all is doing OK, and staying on their prescribed plan. Let us all know the results of your weekend, and we will celebrate with you, or help you get back on the path you have decided to walk on with us, OK?
Take care and hope to hear from all of you soon.
Teresa40

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No weight loss to report after the weekend but I haven't put any more on either so I call this good. I will see how this week goes as I am trying to stay with my eating plan on diet.com this week to see if my hunger is better and I can stick with my plan. Also am going to keep doing the book walk away the pounds.

Teresa
LOCKHA885

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Weekend progress? Reply with quote

Hello Teresa,
Glad to see you here again. I know how hard it is to stay focused when you don't see any change on the scales, but, you are doing just fine. I can feel it when you write that at least you didn't gain any for last week.
Good for you!
I feel the same way sometimes when those scales don't give me the validation I feel I need from them.
But you are on the right track, you are working out and doing your own diet plan, and that is a good thing.
Keep it up, maybe next weeks weigh-in will bring you even better results than you expected!
Good luck!
Sharon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com