Human Yo-yo     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Optimist

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Human Yo-yo Reply with quote

Hello all,

Although I am only 20 years old, I have been through massive weight fluctuations over the past 5 years.

At 16 I dropped from 225lbs in September of my Gr. 12 year, to 145lbs by my graduation in June.

I was a mess. I was severely bulimic, and also was also suffering from anorexia athletica. I would ride my exercise bike for 2 hours every single day. If I missed one day, I would do three hours the next.

In my own mind, I was still grossly obese. I saw myself in the mirror every day, how could I possibly see the dramatic change everybody else around me saw?

Over the last 4 years I have steadily gained back about 30lbs, but am happy to report that I no longer suffer from either eating disorder.

However, my self esteem leaves something to be desired. I feel that if I become fit (not necessarily skinny) again, I will feel healthy, energized, and better about myself. The problem is getting that first kick in the ass to do it. I'm also scared of working out around other people because I feel like the big white blimp.

So there you have it.

K
turockgirl

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on overcoming your disorders!! Very Happy

I'm 21 and in essentially the same boat, the yoyo/weight thing that is. I need an accountability partner too...I know I won't be able to do this alone.

Don't worry about what others will think of you if you go work out at a gym- the truth is, nobody really cares and there are usually plenty of other people there in the same boat. I've worked at the fitness center at my university for the past 2 years and have several friends that continually ask me when the peak hours are so they can avoid them. If you're still scared to work out, get a friend to go with you! Make work-out dates, then you'll both stay interested in the workout, its amazing how much time flies by when you're having fun- make it fun! Personal trainers are great, but can be very expensive...and friends are free! If you have questions about how to use any of the machines at the gym, or if you need a spotter for weightlifting, don't be afraid to ask the staff for help!

We can do this!! Very Happy

"People's own experiences are much more important than what they read or see on TV."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com