Feeling alone with NO support     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
way2nawty

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Feeling alone with NO support Reply with quote

I am a 34 year old mother of 3-one of my own and 2 of which I raise for a friend. I am over weight by about 10 pounds maybe more. My problem is that even though now I am only about 10 pounds over weight, I used to be over weight by much more. This time 3 years ago I weighed 225-I now weigh 131. I was sick those past years causing the weight loss. Nothing to serious thankfully, just hyperthyroidism. Now that I am well-and not sick anymore-loosing these last pounds is almost impossible. I know my problem doesn't sound like a "big one" to some but my problem keeps me hiding in my house away from the public. To go to the store is a big ordeal for me. I think everything I look in the mirror I still see that 225 pound lady and cant get my self esteem to accept that is not me anymore. Anyway, I have no support. Every one at my house thinks that I am being ridiculous to want to get in shape and be the weight my frame should be;therefore, I am seeking help of those who understand how trying being overweight can be. Thank you for your time!
nancymt615

Total Posts: 121

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: CALL DOCTOR Reply with quote

IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU NEED TO TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF AS IT SOUNDS AS IF YOU MAY BE DEPRESSED. DO IT YESTERDAY. THIS IS IMPORTANT AND IT COULD MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF. I KNOW, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. CALL..NOW. Razz

Nancy
Trying to be good
lolo9297

Total Posts: 30

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to hear it! That is my main goal too. To be the weight my frame should be. I am losing the weight and I feel better and I am at the half way mark at where I want to be. I want to feel the energy and be active and I don't want to be lugging around ANY AMOUNT that shouldn't be there! Congratulations on your health and losing all the weight that you have! Keep on moving on! I also agree with Nancy, talking to people really has helped me get out what I was in the past and help me move forward in my life with who I want to become! Try taking some pictures of yourself at your weight now with all of your babies and create new memories! I don't know about you, but there has been years where I wouldn't take pictures of myself because I was embaressed. Also I am trying to primp more because I am worth it.

k I'm at work and gotta go,
Gail
way2nawty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your replys Reply with quote

Thanks for your input........about me being depressed.........you are so very right! I know my weight has caused alot of this depression but of course, not all of it. The bad thing is that my mother suffers from severe depression and anxiety. She has been on varioius anti-depressants as well as nerve medications for over 20 years-I hate to say this but the pills have really messed her up. She can no longer remember much of the past and has not had any kind of enegy in years. The doctors blame it all on her medication. To top it off, it hasn't even helped her, it just makes her not so suicidal-anyway, seeing this destroying my mother, I will not take any medication for depression even though my physician may feel its necessary. I am hoping that once I loose my weight, alot of the depression will go away-but am I fooling myself?? Afterall, I weigh ALOT less than before and I still see myself just as overweight. I can not turn out like my mother, god bless her heart-I want to be not only the right weight for my frame, but fit as well. I just think certain medications may cause me to become very lazy and eventually causing more weight gain......that itself, depresses me alot! Thanks for allowing me to write my feelings. For the first time in my life, I know that there are others out there who really know how I feel and CARE!
wellinsa

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely understand your adversion to pills! What about learning which foods and herbal remedies will help increase your serotonin levels (found to have a direct effect on depression and mood)? You might check out these links, especially the last one: http://www.biopsychiatry.com/serotonin.htm; http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0515.html; http://www.healthandnutrition.co.uk/articles/depression.htm (natural ways to boost serotonin levels).

Also, if you feel completely unsupported at home, it might help to find a therapist. Dealing with such an emotional energy suck is difficult and if you feel like you have no one to talk to you are dealing with two problems (1. needing someone to talk to 2. feeling along b/c you have no one to talk to). Even if you don't need the therapist to help you deal more effectively with stress, it may be a help just have some one to unload to!

I wish you the very best!

Sincerely,

s.
way2nawty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your response and time "wellinsa" Reply with quote

I just wanted to thank you "Wellinsa" for your reply, advice, assistance, and most importantly time. I will check out those websites. It was nice to know that not only did someone read my post but responded w/helpful insight as well. I really thank you beyond words. I am now searching the yellow pages for a therapist. I will definatly try that route also. As I had said, my doctor once referred me to a psychiatrist and willing to be helped, I went. The entire conversation was based on me taking "this pill for this" and "that pill for that" EVEN after telling him my reasoning NOT to take any at all. I guess since he nor my regular physician didn't mention me seeing a therapist, for some reason, until your response, I didn't even think of such. Now I see how much sense it makes. I would love to contact you via email to let you know how im doing w/the sites your refered me to, a therapist, etc......but I understand giving out ones email address to a stranger is not wise;therefore, if you don't mind, I will just keep in contact through these posts. Thanks again to you and everybody who took the time to assist me w/their time and responses. Goodluck in your desires that brought you to this website. Lisa-aka-way2nawty
jenlazycook

Total Posts: 87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: How about exercise? Reply with quote

Regular exercise can be a huge help in fighting depression. It's important to get out of the house and get some activity. (I am a stay-at-home mom and when I'm stuck in the house too much and don't get in a few walks a week it starts taking its toll.) I definitely understand why you don't want to take meds, so please try getting some exercise. Just a walk for a couple of miles can really help.

(As to the meds -- I used to be really against anti-depressants, but after a really tough clinical depression finally when on an SSRI. It really helped me through a very very tough time and now I'm off of it and doing fine. I now understand both the pro and con points of view!)

The suggestion of seeing a therapist is an excellent one -- you definitely can use some support right now. Do you have some friends you can share with? Take walks with?

Also, I feel a lot better when I get dressed in something I look good in and like. It makes me feel like I'm more ready for anything. Get rid of anything in your closet that doesn't make you feel great!

Take care of yourself! Good luck!
Jessica92

Total Posts: 18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy way2nawty,

I just want to tell you to get a grip gurlie you went from 225 to 131. Thats so good. To be 34 years of age you should be proud of yourself for losing all that weight. And when you look in that mirror you should see the beautiful 131 pound 34 year old like you should be seeing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com