How to know how many calories to keep under?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackclouds909

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: How to know how many calories to keep under? Reply with quote

Just wondering how you can find out how many calories to stay under to lose weight.. I eat about 1000 a day..if that. That sounds good but I don't know for certain.
MAGGIEMAE

Total Posts: 741

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, welcome! I recently had a discussion with Shauna, the registered dietician about this same topic and she gave me great advice. You can read it in the rate my plate board under "how many calories?"

Here is an excerpt:
"Your calorie goal here at Diet.com is 1500 calories per day. Going too low can slow down your metabolism consequently slowing down the rate of weight loss (like a car, your body needs gas to run!). Your average of 5 days is approximately 1188 calories, which is still below your 1500 goal"

Idea Keep in mind that the calorie requirements are different for each of us, depending on your age, weight and height right now.

I reccomend you send Shauna and Dr K a private message and get yourself some specific answers. Who knows? You may find out ( like I did) that you have to eat MORE!
(WHO'D A THUNK IT?)

Wink Maggiemae
shnjsjs

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Hi there Reply with quote

Oh I am new to this and could not for the life of me find the answer to that question. I love this place.......Smile Girls....I know I am sick of crying!
Mrs. A

Total Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add, make it quality! Eat enough protein and go for the fiber.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com