protein or whey     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennia12

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: protein or whey Reply with quote

hi i wonder if it is possible to use protein or whey shake on diet in mornings or afternoon or after workout?? is there recipes for that? thanks
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protein shakes come in many different forms, whey is one form of protein that's great for shakes. Have you already purchased a powder to use? Protein shakes are a great way to get healthy calories and protein as a meal replacement. The trick is to make sure that the powder you're using isn't too high in calories or sugars.

If you want to start by making a protein shake without a powder, you can try making one from non-fat greek yogurt, frozen fruit and unsweetened almond or coconut milk. This is a much less expensive option for a protein shake that tastes great, is full of calcium, protein, fiber and vitamins and minerals.

In general, you can always replace a meal or snack from the diet with a protein shake. Just make sure that the calories are similar so you're staying on track for your weight loss goal!

Let me know if you have any other questions about protein shakes!

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com