not new to weight loss...     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwslars0

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: not new to weight loss... Reply with quote

ok, so I'm 24 and my weight was 250 last year.. I joined a gym and started only eating lean cuisines and I lost a TON of weight. Im always active in the summer and during the winter I just gain gain gain.. right now im 217 but I just feel like being lazy all the time.. I set my alarm at 6 every morning and I just snooze my way to 8am instead of getting my butt out of bed and going to the gym... I want to lose weight and I weigh myself daily.. if i go up in weight i freak out and make sure that I walk as much as I can for the rest of the day.. But I dont feel guilty enough to go to the gym.. I set little goals for myself as far as, this month, i want to be under 210, but I really dont see that happening since I wont get outta bed. I dont know... anyone have any motivation techniques ??
Carla Rysdam

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Carla and I know exactly how you feel. I used to never be able to get myself motivated to go to the gym and now it's a habit that I really love. If you change how you view going to the gym, it might be easier to get there. I started going back about a year ago. I found that it helped a lot to go late at night because that's when I have energy. At first I told myself I was going to sit in the hot tub, and sure enough that is all I did the first couple of times. That was ok though because it got me in the atmosphere. Once I was there, I liked it. I felt healthy just going in and watching the other people working out made me want to join in. At first I just did a few minutes on the treadmill and a few sit ups because I was kind of lazy and didn't want to push myself too hard. Now I do an hour of cardio and weight train 4x/wk. I started going at the same time and started recognizing different people and after a couple of months. Now the people at the counter don't even ask to see my membership card and come over and visit with me while I work out. It's really turned into a social event that I look forward to. But what makes me really happy is that I have seen results and have fun with it and other people notice too. I hope this helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com