bite diet     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tristajensen

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: bite diet Reply with quote

anyone try it?
SLIMTRIM127

Total Posts: 1194

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! i HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT. hOW DOES THIS BITE DIET WORK? PLEASE EXPLAIN IT! Smile

SLIM Smile
hoklim

Total Posts: 18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the bite diet?
bingbingbomb

Total Posts: 13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no,what is it?
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering too...so I just looked it up. Its portion control strategy diet where you count bites:

You eat 4 times per day:
Two smaller meals of 12 - 16 bites & Two larger meals of 18 - 22 bites.
Example for larger meal:
6 bites protein
6 bites grains/or starches
6 bites veggies/fruits
4 bites dessert

Not my cup of tea. Counting sounds annoying & tedious to me. Honestly, how do you enjoy your meal...and savor the flavors...if your mind is busy counting bites? Confused What do you do if you've already taken 5 bites of your steak...and there's still more than one bite left? Save the rest for a later meal...or stuff it into your mouth and call it the sixth bite? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually I'm pretty good at eyeballing a portion now, with most of the foods I eat. But I think the "picnic plate" method of portioning is much simpler. Imagine your plate to be one of those 3-section paper plates.

Fill 1/2 the plate with veggies/fruits/green salad
Fill 1/4 plate with lean protein
Fill 1/4 plate with grains/starches

One of our members got some Corning Ware plates that are sectioned picnic-plate style. I think it was Coral. I can't remember where I saw her post...but she seemed to really like them.
JoeSchlobotnic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Bite Diet Reply with quote

Hi Gang!

Horesfeathers! I did this years ago and here's how it works:

Get one of those clicker things by which one counts people going through a gate. Now, start clicking every time one takes a bite of anything. Write down the number of bites taken during the entire day (makes no difference what one eats as it all averages out). Keep track of the total number of bites taken each day for a week or two while also logging daily weight. Before long you'll establish a baseline for the number of bites taken and daily weight. From then on, you'll know if you take x number of bites weight will remain stable. If more than x bites are consumed, weight will go up, less than x bites weight will go down.

I used it for over a year and it works.

For example, when I went home at night Iíd know something like: Iíve consumed x number of bites today so far. I can eat this many and stop to maintain or this many to lose weight, or to hell with it and eat what I want.

I believe the idea of counting every bite, if nothing else, keeps me aware of what Iím trying to do. Awareness is the key.

Joe
Bird77

Total Posts: 827

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, because a bite of grilled salmon steak and a bite of fried chicken are so equivalent, or a bite of brown rice compared to a bite of au gratin potatoes.

Sure, this will control portions, but this plan doesn't take into account that you can eat a whole lot of carrots and have the same calories as a tiny piece of cheesecake. It's silly.

In these days, a man who says a thing cannot be done is quite apt to be interrupted by some idiot doing it.
- Elbert Hubbard
JaimeH

Total Posts: 22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that I would enjoy my food if I counted every bite. Bird77 is right though - I could probably eat a cheeseburger in 6 bites if I tried!!
steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I can beat your 6 bites by 3 bites. I can eat a cheese burger in 3 bites!!!!

I wonder if it still counts a bite if you take the biggest one possible, then spit out half so you can eat the first half bite and then eat the second half bite??? Laughing If you don't have to chew it, does it count as a bite? How many bites does a mixed drink have? or an oyster? Do you have to count the bite if it melts in your mouth? What about a sucker, any bites in that? If I let M and M's just melt in my mouth does it count. If I lick all the icing off the cake, does it count as 1 bite or no bites? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh, ice cream would be a free food, but only in a cone!

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
CaptainCabo

Total Posts: 151

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't do this kind of diet. It is not a normal way to live life. It doesn't teach you to eat the right foods. The best diet is the normal diet that is healthy. Eat to lose weight as I have been saying for a long time. Eat clean, exercise on a regular basis and watch the weight fall off.
papercrane

Total Posts: 30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

I can't imagine counting every single bite I make during the day. So you would have to carry the clicker around with you wherever you go too, i suppose. Its great that there was actually someone here who has really tried it.

I take really really large bites, so I wonder what the designers of this diet have to say in response to that potential issue!

Anyway, it's great to learn about all the diets out there, even if some sound more out there than others. Razz
karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally hysterical. I can imagine someone in a restaurant clicking his way through his meal and everyone in the restaurant looking to see who is clicking and their food gets cold so they don't eat . . . hmmmmm . . .
this diet could work in reverse NOT . . . what will they think of next . . .

Face it people. Self control is the trick along with a good exercise plan.

Clicking, poking, pinching, starving, eating one kind of food all day, avoiding this and that, popping pills, diet drinks, etc will not work. If you can't live on a diet plan all of your life than it will not work.

Thanks for the laugh!

Karen

Don\'t go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

lifematters

Total Posts: 796

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF IT DOESN'T WORK LONG TERM,

IT.....DOESN'T.....WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together." Burroughs
dalyceh

Total Posts: 592

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I love this diet. First thing I would do it take my what 80 bite for the day and down an entire cake. NOT!

A bite is not a good way to measure food. All of us have different sized bites. Second a bite of chips is not the same as a bite of an orange and third most of us would go nuts.

We know what needs to go in our mouths, we all know fruits and veggies are healthy and soda is not. We need to use common sense. Not obsessive over every bite we take during a day and limit ourselves to X number of bites. This is just crazyness

Ellie143

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: 80 bite app Reply with quote

This is not the bite diet. You do not limit yourself to 5 bites. This is an iPhone app that helps u with portion control. It is simple and it helps u control your portions. Have been on every diet over the years and have finally found a way to control portions without rigid dieting and it works. I love it and don't knock it unless u try it. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com