New Here! 20 to loose     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweitzy

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: New Here! 20 to loose Reply with quote

Hi! I'm 19 years old and 132-135 lbs. I used to weigh 113 before going to boarding school and gaining weight and ever since have been trying to get it off. However, all those times before I was never truly serious.
I am now looking to get down to 120 and then eventually 110-115.
Any tips and motivation is appreciated!

Also, workout tips for toning and weight loss?
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there! Welcome to the site Smile

Diet.com has sooo many great resources for learning to eat healthier and learning new exercises.

First things first - can you identify and pinpoint some of the reasons that you may have gained weight when you went off to boarding school? Maybe there were some "not-so-healthy" habits you picked up when you left home? Try to pinpoint some areas where you think you could use some work, and then create some mini-goals (short-term goals to help you reach your long-term goals) around those habits.

Maybe you know you need to drink more water, or cut out some sweets, or just move more?

For some fitness ideas, I'm so glad you came here! Check out the FITNESS tab up there ^^ in our top navigation - there you'll find fitness videos to follow along with, exercise demos, informative blogs written by fitness experts and much more! I check out Diet.com's videos and exercise demos before I go to the gym, to help me formulate my workouts. I hope you'll check them out as well!

Good luck, and I hope to hear much more from you! Try starting a blog over in our WEIGHT LOSS COMMUNITY (find that in the top navigation as well!).

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
TheSunWillAlwaysShiine

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im 19 as well looking to loose 20-30 pounds. over teh last summer i went from 130 to 110 in about 2-3 months however after going away to university i have gained it all back due to bad eating habits and lack of excersize and sleep. anyways, this is what i did last summer to loose 20 pounds in 2-3 months:
-drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. i would wake up and drink 1/2-1 L of water as soon as I woke up. on a typical day i would drink about 12 cups of water a day, however i didnt drink anything containing clories including juices, sodas, specialty coffees (i did drink skim milk with my cereal in the mornings)
-eat breakfast. after i drank my water i would eat cereal or if i was late for work just grab a piece of fruit.
-i would eat A LOT of fruits during the day. as a camp councellor i would eat snack during snack time and ate maybe 2-3 organges or 1-2 apples. for lunch i would usually eat salad (greek or italian, not cesear or other fatting dressings but i did include cheese) or stir fried vegetables. sometimes i would include chicken shrimp or fish (i stayed away from red meat MOST times. and for dinner i would eat whatever my family was eating however i made sure to limit my portions, eating ltos of vegatables, some protein and some carbs
-excersize. i worked at as a camp councellor so i didnt have time for the gym but i was constantly on ym feet playing games with the kids. however i also would run for 20-30 minutes OR go on a stationary bike for 30-60 minutes about 3-5 times a week. I also would do mainly sit ups, pushups and squats during tv commercial breaks, i didnt go to teh gym at all
-get enough sleep. mondays-fridays because of work i would sleep early and wake up early and got roughly 8-10 hours of sleep.
-i also did have days where i cheated. every fridays I would go out for dinner and eat whatever I wanted (the portions we not small either). Sundays I would go out for lunch with my family and eat whatever I wanted

I'm trying to use these methods again to go back to my original weight of 110, possibly 100 however because of school i find I dont get enough sleep. I really think getting enough sleep was one of the things people overlook however it made a huge difference for me. Even tho I'm doing everything i did in the summer, without enough sleep i find teh weight harder to loose. Hope this helped!
sweitzy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you that is all great advice!

I don't usually eat a lot in one day but I have began to notice that what I DID eat was bad for me. Ive started drinking more water and writing every thing i put into my mouth down!

the thing about sleep could be soo true too! I never get any sleep!

wanna loose those pounds for summer!
bryanf101

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even my target is to lose 20 to 25lbs

Is it a daunting task? I sometimes eat fat prone stuff but not always.

What you guys feel about it? Share your opinion.
CSL-Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We recommend breaking down your overall goal into smaller increments, and setting "mini-goals" for yourself! Try setting a goal of losing 5 lbs by a certain date, for example. And promise yourself a healthy or rejuvenating reward for when you reach each mini-goal!

Here are some more tips about setting smart goals:

http://www.diet.com/tips/218/4+IMPORTANT+GOAL-SETTING+TIPS/

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
bryanf101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup!! Minimizing the goal does make sense. Reward examples in the blog are amazing.

All point noted. Thanks Smile
mamawal11

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you've already made the first step toward losing weight! Finding a good support system and hearing other people's weight loss stories is very beneficial when you're losing weight. Diet.com is really an awesome resource. Next, I would recommend getting into an exercise routine, that will help you tone your muscles and maintain a healthy weight. I'm not sure what types of exercises you prefer but for me the insanity workout helped me drop 20+ lbs in less than 3 months. You don't have to spend a fortune joining a gym and it forces you to get a serious workout in. I would check out the site if you're not familiar with the product and see if this is something you'd be interested in doing! http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do

Also don't forget, you should eat several small meals each day, not one large meal! And drink lots of water! Smile

" If you're tired of starting off, stop giving up" Smile
bryanf101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The transformation success stories looks great in photos. But i dont know how much those videos will help me in getting the desire result what i m looking for... I think most important is getting determined and using right weight loss supplements:
http://www.fitnessmaniasupps.com/weight-loss
bryanf101

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryanf101 wrote:
The transformation success stories looks great in photos. But i dont know how much those videos will help me in getting the desire result what i m looking for... I think most important is getting determined and using right weight loss supplements:
http://www.fitnessmaniasupps.com/weight-loss

I logged in today to diet.com, just into udpdate you guys, I lost 11 lbs. Whooo...

Feeling so blessed. I feel like i'm over the moon.
CSL-Bailey

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowza!!! That's great!! Congratulations Bryan!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
bryanf101

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSL-Bailey wrote:
Wowza!!! That's great!! Congratulations Bryan!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Thanks CSL Bailey Smile

With the same dedication and determination, i must lose remaining 14lbs. Very Happy
CSL-Bailey

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it! Smile

Keep us posted!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
jane414

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Hiya! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Jane,
I allow to get into the conversation but I need to have some advices. I tried some weight loss programs but I regained weight. Today, I'm careful with the food and I eat healthy but I lose almost nothing. I'd like a way to boost my weight loss. Can you give me some tips? Thank you very much.
CSL-Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jane!
What is your exercise routine like? If you're eating well but not exercising, you are selling yourself short!

Can't wait to hear more about you - check out our Member Blogs section too!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com