How to eat healthy without a kitchen ?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lils974

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: How to eat healthy without a kitchen ? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

This is my 1st post on diet.com and hope you could help me.

I am in this short-term situation where I don't have a kitchen stove (neither a microwave or oven) I already considered these 2 options:
-eat at my staff restaurant but it is for sure not the healthiest option as they serve a lot of carbs.
-eating out and selecting the healthiest thing on the menu but I dont have the budget to eat out everyday.

This would not be a big deal if I was not trying to lose weight but it's not the case.

So I thought of cooking to a friend's house during the week end and then store the food in my fridge to eat it through the week, but I won't have anything to heat up the food, so it has to be food that can be enjoyable cold and last few days in a fridge.
I know fresh salads will be easy to make without any real cooking and good to go with my weight loss diet.

But do you have any other meals ideas? or maybe a webiste with salads recipes as I am running out of creativity.

Oh and I have a boiler so at least I can make oatmeal for breakfast, so I just need ideas for lunch and dinner.

Thank you ahead eveyone for your help and wish you motivation to reach your goals !
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!
It's great that you're showing commitment to eating healthy, even though it may be more difficult to do so with your "lack of a kitchen" situation!

Diet.com has a TONNNN of salad recipes you can check out in our Healthy Recipes section:

Entree Salads:
http://www.diet.com/recipes/entree-salad

Side Salads:
http://www.diet.com/recipes/salad

Another idea might be to invest in a crockpot/slow-cooker (or borrow one from a friend). That way you can have a hot meal without a kitchen Smile

We have a ton of crockpot/slow-cooker recipes in our Recipes section as well:

http://www.diet.com/recipes/crockpot-slow-cooker

And what about a sandwich press or an electric grill, like the George Foreman grill? That way you can prepare hot sandwiches or even grill some meat! And an electric kettle (like the Hot Pot Express) may also help you out - I think you can make small batches of pasta inside of them!

I hope these ideas will help you out! And again, good for you for seeking healthy eating options!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
lils974

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thank you for your reply !

The slow cooker (to be honest I have never heard of it) seems a really good solution, I am going to look for one asap !

Same for the grill, I think I can get a little one for cheap.

For the sandwiches, I make them only 2 to 3 times as I am trying to reduce my slow carbs intake, so I guess I don't need to invest in a sandwich press.

Again thank you for your reply !
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem! Let us know how it goes -

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com