New and looking for a support Buddy     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lisacard

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: New and looking for a support Buddy Reply with quote

Hello, I'm 55 years old, emply nester of 4 children. I've been trying unsuccessfully to lose 60 lb. for years. I have not been able to stick to anything for more than a few days. My husband is very slim, and does not understand why I can't just stick to a diet. I was looking on the buddy board, but many have not used the website for months or years, and I'm looking for someone for mutual support.I think with a buddy I will be successful, some one to be accountable to!
If interested, I am very positive and supportive!
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there lisacard!
Welcome to the site! You may have noticed that the message boards are a little active than they used to be - but only b/c many people have navigated over to the Diet Blogs section as they years have gone by! Blogging has gained in popularity, for sure!

Well it's great to have you here (in the Message Boards AND on Diet.com!), and I hope that you'll find that the tools, resources and community here on Diet.com all inspire you!

We'd love to hear more about you and your lifestyle. The key to becoming healthier is to decide what improvements you can begin to make, and then tackling those improvements one by one. Trying to change everything about your lifestyle all at once will be far too overwhelming, and tends to make people want to throw in the towel and say, "Forget it!" Making mini-goals for yourself will keep you moving forward, always hitting goals and always staying motivated!

Are there any habits you can identify already that you can begin to improve upon? Maybe you could begin to drink more water, or maybe you'd like to start scheduling in daily walks. Write down your goals, or blog about them in a Diet.com Blog. You can begin a blog at any time by clicking on WEIGHT LOSS COMMUNITY up in the top navigation, and then on Diet Blogs. I think you'll see that the other bloggers there are also struggling with some of the same things you are, and you can really get a good amount of support (and advice!) from them.

Please check out all of the tools on the site - we've got expert bloggers on all topics, fitness videos, healthy recipes, diet tips, a terrific weight loss community, and so much more. Let me know if you have any questions about the site!

Good luck, and I can't wait to hear more from you!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com