My meals today     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beanie46

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: My meals today Reply with quote

I'm feeling slightly guilty today about the foods im eating and wondering if you can help me Smile

Breakfast:
Mocha Coffee with Nonfat milk and low fat chocolate drizzle
Grapes, 4 crackers and 1 tbsp Herbs and Cheese

Lunch:
Mixed Veggies
1 oz of Roast pork

Afternoon Snack:
Non fat frozen yogurt

Dinner: (at my in-laws, so i can't really eat anything besides)
1 Slice of Chicken Pizza with hot sauce and 1tbsp Blue Cheese (No Crust)

Evening Snack:
Banana Nut Muffin (Mini)

Obviously im a sugarholic lol. Help!

Last edited by beanie46 on Fri May 13, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
beanie46

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: O! Also Reply with quote

I do Beach Body INSANITY everyday, so i tend to use carbs or protein to keep my energy up. Just thought i would add that
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about with your diet. My only concern might be that you're not getting enough variety and calories to allow for optimal weight loss. I have a few questions for you to see if I can help you. How long have you been following a diet and how much weight have you lost so far? What is your goal weight loss?

In general, you seem to be doing several good things. You are aware of what you're eating and it appears you are definitely keeping your portions in check, which, is ultimately the way to weight loss regardless of what you're eating.

My only suggestion based on your intake for that day, I would suggest increasing your vegetable intake in general, for both snacks and meals. You may also be able to increase your protein from 1 ounce to 3 ounces at meals.

Once you answer my questions above, I'll be able to help you out further.

I look forward to hearing from you and feel free to ask any other questions you may have!

Meghan

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN
beanie46

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following a diet of 1500 calories for about 2-3 weeks now. Before that i was on weight watchers. I would like to lose 15 more pounds at least. I am 5'9, and i would like to weight 145.

Over the last few months i've lost 15 pounds. At the moment im trying to eat less carbs, salt and sugar. For example today i have 2 boiled eggs and coffee for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and turkey meatballs and whole wheat pasta with tomatoes for dinner. Almonds and fruits for snacks. Do you think i should increase my calorie intake?
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the weight you've lost so far! 1500 calories should be appropriate to meet your weight loss goals, and as long as your still maintaining a well balanced diet of healthy carbohydrates, fruits, veggies, low fat dairy and lean protein you should be able to achieve both.

Are you counting the calories that you are eating? The foods you are choosing for your meals are all great and very healthy. Less sugar and salt are always healthy changes to make to your diet. I would be careful not to be too restrictive on your carbohydrates to make sure that your body is getting the glucose that it needs.

My only suggestions for what you ate the other day, would be to maybe have a greek yogurt, oatmeal or a slice of whole wheat toast with your breakfast and making sure that your salad has protein on it. Other than that it looks pretty good to me!

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com