Daily meal plan and schedule     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bamstout

Total Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Daily meal plan and schedule Reply with quote

This is the diet that I try to follow. I count exchanges. Does this sound balanced, like enough, and healthy to you?

Breakfast 5:30 am - aprox. 200 calories
1/2 cup oatmeal
dried fruit/fresh fruit
1 starch, 1 fruit

Morning snack 8:00 am - aprox. 100 calories
8 oz 1% milk
1 milk, .5 fat

Lunch 11:00 am - aprox. 400 calories
2 slices oatnut bread
1 1oz slice of turkey
Big handfull spinach on sandwich
8 oz 1% milk
fresh fruit
2 starch, 1 protien, 1 veggie, 1 milk, 1 fruit, 1.5 fat

Afternoon snack 4:00 pm - aprox. 100 calories
fresh fruit
1 fruit

Dinner 7:00 pm - approx. 350 calories
1 3oz baked herbed chicken
1 cup steamed broccoli/cauliflower
8 oz 2% milk
1 slice toast
3 protein, 2 veggies, 1 milk, 1 starch, 1.5 fat

My aim daily is:
3-4 protein
3 milk
3 fruit
3 veggie
3-4 starch
3-4 fat
Keeping me around 1200 calories

How does that sound to you?
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your meal plan sounds great! It's very well balanced and filled with nutrient rich food choices! Do you find it's maintainable for you? If so, keep going, if not, let me know if there's anything else I can help you with Smile
I just have four questions, what and how much are you drinking throughout the day? Are your snacks and breakfast satisfying enough so you're not looking for the next meal right after? What are you doing for physical activity? Finally, are there any times when you find yourself mindlessly snacking on things that aren't on your meal plan?

I look forward to hearing back from you. I'm away this weekend, but I'll get back to you early next week!

Congrats on your great diet so far, very impressive Smile

Meghan

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN
bamstout

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One the weekends, I do cardi. I walk briskly at the track and run the bleachers, doing about two miles of walking and about 1000 steps.

When I go the gym during the week, I do about 30-45 minutes on the treadmill at about 3.5-4 mph changing my incline and speed every two minutes. Then I do a circuit that last about 30-40 minutes.

I try to drink water through out the day. Every once in a while, I do drink a diet Pepsi, but I have pretty much cute that out of my diet. I aim for 80 oz of water, but I have a hard time getting there.

When I stick to the diet, I do really well. The last two weeks, I haven't stuck to the diet, though. But I am still limiting my calories to 1500 a day. I haven't gained, or lost. I am starting the diet on Monday again.

So far, I have lost 13 pounds and lost three inches around my waist. I couldn't be happier with the results, but would like to do more toning, and lose about 4-5 more pounds.
bamstout

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, about breakfast and snacks. There are satisfying enough. Especially breakfast. My day starts early, and I NEVER miss breakfast!
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be the posterchild for healthy weight loss! I'm glad you've found that you don't have to be so regimented on a daily basis and it's served you well! Your exercise regime is great. I'd love to give you some more tips at this time, but you've got it all covered!

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss and congrats on what you've done so far!

If you every have any questions, just shoot me an email, I'll be happy to help!

Keep up the good work!

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com