Best Peanut butter     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanttodo

Total Posts: 205

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Best Peanut butter Reply with quote

Okay I asked Shauna about this. My favorite is Natural Skippy because it has only 3 ingredients, peanuts, salt, palm oil. ..BUT palm oil is not good for you. She asked to compare the trans oil with the others. They all show zero trans oils. Shauna said that palm oil is all saturated fat and the others have ingredients that are not good. I deduced from her answer that my skippy is fine because it also does not show trans fat. I wanted to get this out there since it was a question that was previously asked. ..Judy Cool

AppleSaucer

Total Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like jif
sandyks

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you ask which peanut butter is best, are you referring to flavor or healthiness?

For flavor I definitely prefer Jif.

For healthiness it's Smart Balance Omega. It's a natural peanut butter with omega 6 and 3's from Flax Oil. It has no transfat at all and only 3 grams are saturated, but you can't avoid that since after all it is made from peanuts. lol

Smart Balance isn't as sweet as Jif, hense why I love Jif! lol
Defiance

Total Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything organic and with lowest sat fats. use sparingly or look for alternate nut butters like almond.. delicious and better for you.

" Do, or Do Not, There is no Try. " - Yoda
Flutterbilady

Total Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: yummm Reply with quote

If you take organic pb drain off the oil and put in flax seed oil and some flax seed you get a bunch of added good stuff and it is GOOD!!!!

If you want to know how much flax to put in pm me.
dostieclan

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddie Smooth Peanut Butter

I actually prefer trying different types of butter - like almond butter.
PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is all we eat is almond butter. We mix raw honey into it...very nice, very easy.

We are looking to get an almond grinder to make completely fresh almond butter as needed.

Anyone know where to get one? Also works great for peanuts for peanut butter.

Once we get one, we are going to experiment with walnuts, and other nuts. Why not?

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: yummm Reply with quote

Flutterbilady wrote:
If you take organic pb drain off the oil and put in flax seed oil and some flax seed you get a bunch of added good stuff and it is GOOD!!!!

While that may be a perfectly healthy thing to do, it is very unnecessary.

Natural peanut oil is a very nutritious "healthy" oil. There is no need to drain it off and replace it with another oil.

It is a healthy fat. Like all fats, it is high in calores so we just need to be mindful of the calories and make sure we fit them in with our total caloric/fat/carb/protein allowances.
PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use organic almond butter. Sometimes we mix raw honey with it, to sweeten it.

Still looking for the gadget that will take the raw nuts and "creamy" them into butter. Smile

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!
mmcmorris

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Peanut Butter time! Reply with quote

I love the all natural Smuckers. Peanuts and salt.. that is all it contains. Trader Joes brand is good too, but is a little bit loose. I guess refridgeration is key.
Venissa Park

Total Posts: 15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevia Peanut Butter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com