Lovehandles     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mselzer

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Lovehandles Reply with quote

People at work ask me what motivates me to diet and exercise. I tell them: to get into my interview clothes =).

While that is true, I am extremely self conscious about my abdomen and love handles. I have been researching infomation about losing weight from target areas and so far it looks like targetting 1 area is futile.

Which means if you want to lose love handles, you need to lose body fat from all over. This is not inspiring in the least to me, but at least it's an answer that will lead me to my goal.

Does anyone else out there have any information they can offer? Anything they have found to work for them ? Thanks in advance!

Mark
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything i have read says that you can't spot reduce Crying or Very sad

However, if you do a full body workout and add strength training and cardio you will be balanced, healthy and wonderfully toned! So I guess we are lucky that you can't spot reduce or we may see some really interestingly shaped people Laughing I know as I have lost I wish it would come off of certain places before others, but I have lost all over and in a balanced way! I guess its a good thing! Keep up your diet and exercise cause your body will love you for it and you will have a healthy & toned body in the end!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
Defiance

Total Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overall weight loss of the body is good. if comfortable with doing so, try adding a fat burning suppliment to your day ( i use Lipo-6 which is available at wal-mart ) and besides any normal workout routine you have, try doing excercises focused on that area.

i also am targeting my abdominal area and do a series of crunches, leg climbs, scissors, and other excercises from the P90X workout to target that area more which does indeed work. you get full body excercise but will focus more loss on your chosen area.

" Do, or Do Not, There is no Try. " - Yoda
JennieBean

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Try This Reply with quote

Ok my friend taught me this when she was preg. it was one of the exercises he said she needed to be doing to keep active. Oddly enough I did it with her and it works on love handles amazingly!! I have never had a problem with them since I may be overweight but I sides are still looking good! Smile

Heres what you do.
Stand straight up back perfectly straight hands held up on each side with your legs slightly spread. Now keeping you back straight bend to the side and touch your hand to your knee then again on the other side.
Your gonna keep doing this until you have done 50 (going down onw one side then on the other is 1. When you finish this you will feel like you have accomplished nothing but the next morning you will feel like you have worked out your hips for 77 hr's straight! Smile

Im not saying this works for everyone but it worked for
myself and my best friend.

Give it a try and let me know how it works for you!
Inner_Me_100

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think overall us good like everyone has said but you should do some ab based workouts. After I walk orbike ride, I do crunches, and ones where I rotate from side to side to focus on those love handles. I think it helps. The weight around the middle is sometimes the hardest to lose, but stick to it becauseif can be done!! Good luck!!!
josie1a

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I read that too, that you cannot spot reduce. However I think too many people over-focus on cardio when trying to loose the weight around their hips. A friend of mine lost weight with the help of a personal trainer and she did a lot of ab & hip exercises. Even if there is a little bit of fat around your middle, it will look a lot better when itís toned.
Flutterbilady

Total Posts: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as ladies wish we lose it all over. My boobs are the first to go:cry:, for some reason. Best rule I can offer, work off more than you consume.
nakoda10

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: My fears. Reply with quote

I dont want to loose the little b36 that i have when i know they pretty much are the first to go. i want to find ways on how to reduce my stomach and lovehandles. those are my problem areas. im a sugar addict myself and sometimes salt! it sucks to have to give up some of my favorites but i know they are doing the most damage to my diet. does Splenda work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com