How soon did you reach your plateau?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunneybee1984

Total Posts: 18

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: How soon did you reach your plateau? Reply with quote

I just started my eating healthy and exercising on monday. I do think i may lose a few pounds in the first week. Im doing great at counting calories and sticking to it, along with exercising. I stopped all mt dew intake!! In my past I always tend to stop working out and eating healthy after not seeing results. How soon after dieting did you reach your plateau? Also, anybody love zumba on here? I found it to be a great fun workout! Any other advice that helped keep you motivated is appreciated!
Grangers710

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Good luck on your upcoming journey. Have you been losing weight or is this a brand new start? How much weight do you think you need/want to lose? Do you have an estimate of what your BMR is? Do you have an estimate for how many calories you have been and are planning to eat on avg?

Sorry for all the questions, but the answers will help determine my advice Smile. I've lost 60 pounds this year and am in the best shape I've been in ever and I have figured out what works and what doesn't so I'd love to offer any advice you're willing to take.
hunneybee1984

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

Grangers,
This is a brand new start this go around. Currently I am at 5'5" 163 lbs starting weight. My first weight goal is 145 lbs. So first weight goal is 18 lbs. If i reach this i will make another goal. Im not sure what my BMR is, i'm sure I could find the formula on the web though. I keep track of my calorie intake on here. I am not die hard at staying under a certain amount. I stopped intake on almost all sugar. Yesterday I did 1467 in calories. I guess im just trying to keep it under 1700 calories would be my best estimate. I do get a lot of exercise. I have been doing zumba at home or riding bike. Also i work in a factory so i burn a lot of calories there. I am defiantly willing to take any great advice you have to offer. Yesterday was a hard day, i was really hungry when i went to bed, but i fought off the temptation!!!
hunneybee1984

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: also Reply with quote

Grangers, i just wanted to say congrats on your weight loss this past year. That is an amazing accomplishment, especially sticking to it.
Grangers710

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: hey Reply with quote

hunneybee1984 wrote:
Grangers,
This is a brand new start this go around. Currently I am at 5'5" 163 lbs starting weight. My first weight goal is 145 lbs. So first weight goal is 18 lbs. If i reach this i will make another goal. Im not sure what my BMR is, i'm sure I could find the formula on the web though. I keep track of my calorie intake on here. I am not die hard at staying under a certain amount. I stopped intake on almost all sugar. Yesterday I did 1467 in calories. I guess im just trying to keep it under 1700 calories would be my best estimate. I do get a lot of exercise. I have been doing zumba at home or riding bike. Also i work in a factory so i burn a lot of calories there. I am defiantly willing to take any great advice you have to offer. Yesterday was a hard day, i was really hungry when i went to bed, but i fought off the temptation!!!

I'm 6'0, 150 pounds and my BMR is about 1500-1600 cals. I would try to eat closer to 1200 cals. You should definitely see the weight come off quicker. Fat loss should be a sprint, not a jog. Yea if your BMR is 1700 cals and you eat 1600 you will lose weight, its just going to take you weeks to lose a pound of fat. I'm not sure if you're factoring in your activity level either to your BMR calc, but I try to avoid doing that. If I'm active and my body burns another 200 cals on its own, but then I go and eat an extra 200 cals, well I just negated the impact of that exercise/activity. BUT if I eat normal or 200 cals less, well there's an extra 200 cal deficit for free.

Just my 2 cents. If you care to discuss in more detail, just shoot me a Private Message. I know I might sound crazy, but this stuff works.
hunneybee1984

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks Granger! I am not really sure what i should be taking in so that is really helpful to know that it should be more around 1200 to see faster results. I know if i don't see results fast enough, thats when i lose my motivation.
Grangers710

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean you have to find what works for you, but the larger the deficit you create, the quicker your weight loss will be. So if you can eat 800/1000 cals a day instead of 1200, go for it. Sounds tough, but you get use to it, you get use to eating less, and you just watch that weight shed away....When I was 180-200 pounds I was avg about 1000 cals a day a week and that was with heavy lifting 4 times a week plus HIIT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com