Delicious low-fat/almost fat free tuna recipe! YUM!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getfitforsummer7

Total Posts: 12

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Delicious low-fat/almost fat free tuna recipe! YUM! Reply with quote

Hey there! Today I really wanted a tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread for lunch so I decided that to keep my diet I have to be realistic, and just change the foods that I normally love for the better. Now, I didnt have any olive oil so i improvised on the recipe, and it turned out sooooooo delicious! And the best part is, NO MAYO INVOLVED! bye bye extra fat and about eighty to a hundred extra calories! So here it is. I'm all about being unique and creative, so I added some different things for crunch because i didnt have any celery or red onion available.
So here it is:
portion of water packed tuna drained
chopped green onion
chopped cucumber
chopped clove of garlic
lemon juice...be generous with it!
parsley flakes
garlic salt
pepper to taste
and then you mix it all together!

now like i said im all about making things that fit one's own taste so you can use less or more of all the above ingredients. I had it on whole wheat toast, but I honestly thought it tasted better by itself! so put it in a container and have with crackers or just eat alone for a protein boost!

If you try it, tell me if you liked it or post a recipe of your own, whether it be for tuna or something else or another type of sandwich. This was all for about 240 calories! I had watermelon and almonds on the side.

Hey, if im going on a diet, my food is going to taste GOOD! Razz Very Happy
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds yummy!! Being creative with healthy food is the way to go!
Thanks for sharing Very Happy

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com