Frustrated with meal tracker     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Frustrated with meal tracker Reply with quote

A diet.com member recently asked.....

Hi,

I am frustrated with the meal tracker. I am following the recommended daily meal plan. For example, this morning I had a slim fast shake and about .75 oz of mixed nuts and 8 oz. of water. For lunch I had a ham and swiss sandwich which I ate about half and I had about 8 or 9 baby carrots. I also drank 16 oz. of water. I am having a really hard time entering this into the meal tracker. Is there a way to enter the meal plan for May 10 directly into the meal tracker?? This is taking me forever and not working well for me. I am new to this program and today is my first day implementing everything. Thank you
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Frustrated with meal tracker Reply with quote

Hi!

The meal planner is a great tool to track what you’re eating each day and help keep you focused on your weight loss goals. You should be able to search for each food in the meal tracker for the specific day you are referring to. You may have to input each food item in separately. For example, the ham a swiss sandwich: I would recommend inputting each thing in the sandwich separately for the most accurate estimation. The only part of the tracker that I see could be tricky is the portion size measurements. You will have to utilize your food labels to see what counts as a serving.

Let me know what other questions you have and we'll work through this together so you are successful. I am totally back now, so I'll answer much quicker. I hope everything is going well for you so far!

Thanks!
Meghan

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN
JoanMeadow

Total Posts: 18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with the meal tracker. It's way too complicated. I have used an iPad app in the past that's a lot easier, so I know there are different ways to do it. I'm trying to figure this one out, though, so that all my tracking is in one place.

The sandwich thing -- yes, I had half a ham sandwich for lunch. I had to enter the 2 oz of ham (guessing which "brand" I had, since I just got it at my grocer's deli), the whole wheat bread, the slice of onion, the 1/2 T mayo. Yes, you can do that. But it took me 15 minutes. It was complicated by the fact that you can't just type in a plain ingredient and expect to find it. You get dozens of name-brand stuff instead. I rarely eat that kind of thing, so it's hard.

I finally went online and just did a google search for my plain ingredients, such as onion slice and radishes. It's also annoying, but a lot faster. The food tracker is the weakest part of the diet.com site, and I can see why people would be frustrated, esp. when they're new to tracking food in the first place.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not disparaging the whole site. Being here is quite helpful and so far I'm enjoying it. Thanks!
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's anything that I can do to help navigate you through the meal tracker, just let me know! I'd be happy to do what I can to make sure that the process of tracking calories is easier.

Good luck and don't hesitate to stop by here with any questions you might have!

Meghan

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com