Success     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamaray

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Success Reply with quote

Very Happy I have just completed the 3month p-90x program.
I have lost 24 pounds, went from a size 11 to a 5 jeans.
I am 41 yrs old and my teenage daughter told me I have the body of a teenager again.
It has changed my life.
Thank you Tony.
SLSMom

Total Posts: 37

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats gammaray! That's fabulous. What is this 3-month 90x thing you did?

SLSMom
flaquita68

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: P90x Reply with quote

How was the diet?, how Do you like it and whatdifficulties you have in the way, I will love to know more about this program too.

flaquita
phauenstein

Total Posts: 24

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Way to go Reply with quote

P90X is a tough program. I started it May 7th and have a few friends doing it with me. We are all struggling a lot with many of the moves, but you have to modify the moves and stick with it. I started at 201 pounds near day 1. I'm only 3 weeks in and I am down between 190 and 194 depending on the day. Despite losing 6-10 pounds, I have gained a lot of muscle. My arms are showing drastic changes in their actual definition, my shoulders and upper back is broad.

I don't necessarily follow the diet guide they provide, but given that I ate horribly before, I have started to try and eat better and it has been helping.

If you are in Western New York, visit my mother's new fitness facility for women called Fit For Her Life, http://www.fitforherlife.com

I'm trying to build my self esteem by building a better me.
Meal Skipper, All-or-Nothing Doer, Persistent Procrastinator
celica9

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Success Reply with quote

gamaray wrote:
Very Happy I have just completed the 3month p-90x program.
I have lost 24 pounds, went from a size 11 to a 5 jeans.
I am 41 yrs old and my teenage daughter told me I have the body of a teenager again.
It has changed my life.
Thank you Tony.

Damn...Impressive, I don't know how you stuck out 3 months of p-90x, its hardcore! Congrats on your success!
phauenstein

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although P90X is an intense program meant for those that are already in decent shape, it can be modified to work for anyone that isn't significantly overweight, not just for those already in good shape. As stated before, I started at 201. I am halfway through the third phase of the P90X 90 day workout. I am down from 201 to 178-182, roughly 20+ pounds and I am more cut and toned than I have been in my life. I am looking forward to finishing this set and then starting it again.

If you are in Western New York, visit my mother's new fitness facility for women called Fit For Her Life, http://www.fitforherlife.com

apalasciano0985

Total Posts: 78

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need any extra fitness equipment with it?

SW:255
CW:210
GW:140
phauenstein

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion it is best to have a good set of weights (resistance bands are ok, but it's difficult to guage the weight with different tensions), a pull up bar, and a yoga mat. Other than that, you just need a chair, a wall, and a good sized room to do the workouts. I highly suggest the foam mats under a carpet to reduce the stiffness of flooring.

apalasciano0985

Total Posts: 78

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would you buy a pull up bar?

SW:255
CW:210
GW:140
phauenstein

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the one from BeachBody for like $50, but you can go to any sports store with weights and get one for $10-$40, dependind on how many different position grips you want. Any will work, but I do like the ones similar to the BeachBody.com one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com