Help me! I can't stop putting on abdominal fat!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fitdoc

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Help me! I can't stop putting on abdominal fat! Reply with quote

So I am in a bit of a bind.

This summer, while playing rugby, I went into a nasty tackle, and pulled my shoulder, hamstring and quadriceps at the same time. At that point in time, I was a healthy 205 pounds.

The extent of the injury rendered me utterly unable to do any cardiovascular activity (difficulty walking), and the upper body injury affected my thoracic nerve, so I went up in weight to 214 pounds, as the injuries took 8 weeks to heal properly.

I started working out as soon as I was able to, and went down to 209 pounds.

But something happened, and I am not sure what.. I did not change my diet, and actually increased my cardiovascular output at the gym.. and the result was a 20 pound increase over the span of 5 weeks!

The issue that I have, is that I can see the results of everything that I am doing everywhere else on my body, except my abdominal area.. my arms, legs, shoulders, glutes, back and lower back are all bigger and stronger.

I have two, three - week cycles, with strength training done Monday Wednesday Friday, and conditioning done Tuesday and Thursday.

I do a 30 minute run on a treadmill, set to speed 7, followed by a cooldown on a bike for 10 minutes before starting either workout routine, and after I do a 40 minute run/elliptical session followed by 15 minutes on a bike.

That being said, I have even noticed that it is harder to do my runs lately.. I have no idea what to do.. I am ingesting about 1800 calories per day..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com