A small success     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megs227

Total Posts: 44

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: A small success Reply with quote

This is my first time on the success board. It is the first time in a while that I have got anywhere with my weight loss plan, as a rough year has led me to always have an excuse to turn back to the comfort foods

However, I moved house a week ago, and I am making every effort to make a fresh start!

I thought I would give the atkins diet a go (as I always turn to sugary foods and heard it was good for curing sugar addictions)

I have been following it for nearly two weeks, and I have lost 5lb ish and at least half and inch off the waist. Plus, those sugar cravings......non existant!

This may just be a small success, but i feel like this could be the first of many!
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the loss!! A fresh start is always good for the motivation!! Keep up the hard work and let us know if we can help!!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
DL21Smith

Total Posts: 314

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has it been going? Are you still following the adkin's diet?

Don't think you can. KNOW YOU CAN!
megs227

Total Posts: 44

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i had a bit of a set back. I was all ready to put mroe emphasis on the exercise side of things when I started to get back pain - it turns out I have sprained a muscle, so two weeks later I still cant go to the gym, the diet has gone out the window and i have put on weight, and feel miserable.

I want the enthusiasm back! I was starting to feel so positive about it before this happened!
LifeIsACookie

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strained my back and it limited my exercise, but try getting on a recumbant bike (the one where you have back support) and doing cardio there. Keep it moderate so you're not engaging your back muscles too much, but this will allow you to get a good long workout in - and keep eating well (no excuses there!) Smile
jamieburns

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome
leeslove

Total Posts: 40

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: A small success Reply with quote

[quote="megs227"]This is my first time on the success board. It is the first time in a while that I have got anywhere with my weight loss plan, as a rough year has led me to always have an excuse to turn back to the comfort foods

OK, IF YOU ARE SERIOUS, I WILL DEFINITLY LOOK INTO THIS, AS I AM A JUNKFOOD FUNKIE!! THANKS, I'LL BE WATCHING YOUR PROGRESS, AND I FOR SURE I'LL LOOK INTO IT! Razz

PRAISE JESUS!
kel_96

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! Very Happy
Freash Starts Are Always Good! Very Happy
tashairene

Total Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Exercise for those who have pains Reply with quote

I have worked in nursing homes/assisted living and they have groups where everyone can get involved (including wheelchair bound residents) they do chair exercises...when I did private duty I would join in and it was so easy on my body, I didn't think it was doing much good, but I decided to do measurements, and it was working...try that, or water aerobics are also good, low impact and your using the water to assist you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com