Do wear the reflective safety vest....     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Do wear the reflective safety vest.... Reply with quote

Since last March / April 2008, I've been doing long walks and eventually started jogging. Now, my body is up to 6.75 km / 4 mile jogs every other night. Sometimes, 3 nights in a row (when my body has lots of energy / stress to vent). And in the summer months at my camp site, I'll jog 7 miles - around the country block. During my previous "around the block" adventures, I've been wearing a normal Bright Orange/Red `hunting` vest. Especially when jogging at my seasonal camp site. Still, the vehicles would still zip by me too close. Especially at sunset / night - when visability was poor.

For the last few jogging sessions, I've been wearing my new bridge red construction vest. Unlike my other safety vest, this pull-over has huge double reflective strips on it. My buddy drove past me the other night and said I reflected back like a flashing christmas tree. Especially when jogging and my upper body was moving up/down. Yes. Very easy to see - even from a distance. For a picture of my new safety vest, look for SV4 model (bottom of page) within: http://www.abcsafetymart.com/high_visibility_products/reflective-safety-vests.html#sv4

As a safety improvement suggestion, do wear a "reflective" vest while walking, peddle biking or jogging down the side of a road as well. To me, the costruction worker reflective stripe vest is much better then a standard hunter's red/orange color vest.

Hope this helps others....

EmmmilyRl

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote

Thats awesome! Cool

Never ever give up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com