Water, water, WATER!!!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlowlySexy

Total Posts: 34

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Water, water, WATER!!! Reply with quote

This is a re-post of a comment I left on someone's forum...I felt the need to share it:

If you want to see real PROOF of what sodas can do to you, and what a difference drinking water an make, check out my profile picture! As embarrassing as it is, I made this just to show the comparison - and this change happened in just 3 WEEKS! Embarassed

Sodas had me so bloated and swollen, I looked like a tick about to pop - literally! I couldn't even lay my arms down at my side. I was disgusting, but I need to see that picture to remind myself - and others, just what sodas can do to you! I was drinking THOUSANDS of calories a day in sodas alone!! And don't believe the hype - DIET SODAS are no better!!! All that sodium and carbonation - it blows you up just like helium!! That goes for "sports drinks" as well. All that sodium is not necessary - unless you've been sweating profusely for a fairly long period of time, ie running a marathon...then you might need to replentish your sodium levels.

Now, I drink virtually nothing but water - with the occasional Starbucks canned Mocha Frappacino as a treat. I look and FEEL so much better!!

So, for you and anybody else here who thinks you don't like the taste of water and just can't do it - take another look at my photo...that should help you change your mind!! ;o)

~April

"There can be no end to my success if I remember that determination, not destiny, makes all the difference in life. In all matters of consequence never never never give up!"
kushy

Total Posts: 20

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too agree with you.I don't know the reason exactly but the thread you posted is right.Water is good but soda is not healthy.
CherryPaulson

Total Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diet sodas are garbage, they still mess with your insulin because your body registers the taste of something sweet. All sodas are very high in acid which messes with many important bodily functions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com