100 pounds by June 30, 2009.     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ivygirl85

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: 100 pounds by June 30, 2009. Reply with quote

I weigh 252 (this is after losing 10 pounds in the last few months). I want to weigh 152 by the end of June 2009.

I am doing, so far, 30 minutes of cardio (jogging/brisk walking) daily, plus 3-5 times of 30 minutes with weights. I want to eventually work up to 60 minutes for both exercises.

I'm keeping my calories around 1500, no less than 1200 for sure though.

I need some buddies who I can encourage on their goals and whom can encourage me on mine.

I'm going to try and set mini-goals to be reached each month along with weekly goals (such as eating breakfast every morning, or exercising every day) that when reached will result in a treat for myself (a massage, maybe a new piece of jewelry that I really want, or something like that).

Anyone want to hop on board?
honeybear1461

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there IVYGIRL, firstly I would like to welcome you. WELCOME. Congratulations on your weight loss so far.

I have been here on and off for awhile and have lost some weight but not exactly what I had wanted to, too many hiccups along the way. Sad

I have just had a new lease on life and have joined a gym this week with my 17 year old daughter. I had been too embarrassed before because of my size to join one. Caroline went and enquired for herself and there was a "mother/daughter" special so I went along for a free trial to see if my arthritic knees could withstand the equipment. We have been twice so far this week (we only joined on Wednesday) and plan to go at least 3 times a week.

Good luck with your weight loss. I am more than happy to be your buddy if you want me. Smile

Take care,
Jennylee

ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ladies,
I am joining you!! I started in April at 280 lbs and am currently at 236. I plan to be at 199 by January 1, 2009 and then at 250 by June 2009 as well. I am also keeping my calories to 1500 a day and am working out at a gym and loving it. I started slow and am increasing intensity every week!!! I have a personal trainer that I meet with every 2 - 3 weeks now to mix up my routine and things are working really good for me!!! So let's stay in touch and keep each other accountable and motivated!!!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
Ivygirl85

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow! That's awesome ollieseh! Good for you!
I weighed myself today (on the scale that -works-) and I'm down to 250. Smile I'm very proud of myself!

I wish I could work with a personal trainer again, but the REALLY good ones that I know of are very expensive. I worked with them for 3 months back in 2006 as a fitness contest for the newspaper and tv station here; and they were AMAZING! Maybe when I get outta debt I'll fork the money over for once a week sessions with them.

Keep up the good work though - that's amazing!
meshuu

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!
I am 306 lbs
I've started eating right and exercising (baby steps) but I am working myself up to start going to the gym in 3 weeks.

I hope to lose 100lbs this year but i'm taking it 5 lbs at a time Very Happy

I'm socking away $10 for each pound lost so i can go to a warm tropical resort! Very Happy I hope i'm poor by the end of this year! Laughing

WTG on all of your weight loss to date Exclamation

ollieseh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should start a group 'Down 100 pounds by June 2009' - what do you think?? That way we could perhaps arrange to chat occassionally???

Patty -
Ivygirl85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a great idea, ollieseh Smile Since I'm new, I'm not sure how to start a group - so if you want to jump ahead and get it started you're welcome to Smile
ollieseh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started the new group and invited everyone in this post!! Anyone else is also welcome so hopefully we can have a group of people who can take this journey together!!!! I would also like to arrange a time for us to chat online!! I hope to see you in the new group!!!

Patty -
meshuu

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! We should plan a celebration trip once we hit our goal! Very Happy

TheWildOne

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to lose 100 pounds and would love to do it in about a year's time. My year will be up in September 2009. Mine will go a bit longer than yours but I would love to help you out and could use some support myself! I'm keeping my calories down to 1500 and working out most days. I do about 30 minutes of walking about 5 days a week right now but I just started about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Soon I hope to be up to 30 minutes cardio (walk/bike)for 5-6 days and 30 minutes weights for 5-6 days. I am at 233lbs on average now I hope to hit about 200 lbs on 1/1/09 if all goes well.
ollieseh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love some more support and would be happy to encourage and support you. I have lost 62 lbs so far (I started in April and I want to lose another 76 lbs. I am hoping to be under 200 by January 1, 2009 as well. You are welcome to join the group "Down 100 pounds by June 2009". It hasn't been very active over the summer but I am hopeful that things will pick up. Regardless, I am around as much as possible because I find posting and blogging and tracking my food and exercise is key to keeping me motivated. Welcome aboard and please feel free to private message me or to post here or in the group! I will be around I promise Smile Smile
Don't hesitate to ask questions or to ask for help if you need it!! Good luck and I am glad you are here!!

Patty -
kansas5

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I would like too lose 100 pounds too by then
ollieseh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the group "Down 100 pounds by June 2009". I will gladly be part of your support!!! Welcome aboard Smile

Patty -
pagraduation

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a buddy also. I need to lose 100 pounds. I stopped excercising and need motivation. I went to the Dr. last month and went into a straight depression when she said 256. I have never wieghed this much before. NO MORE EXCUSES!

It's time
milliej

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: been a while Reply with quote

its been a while since you posted. How are you doing now? I also am setting out to lose 100+ lbs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com