Elliptical     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenfwed

Total Posts: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Elliptical Reply with quote

Am I the only person in the world who despises the elliptical? 2 weeks ago, when I first got on, I could only last 5 minutes. Last night I was able to make it 8 minutes, and that seemed to zap all of my stamina as well as set my legs on fire. Why is it so much more difficult to do when it is supposed to be easier on your joints?
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Elliptical Reply with quote

jenfwed wrote:
Am I the only person in the world who despises the elliptical?

No, you aren't. Here's another person who hates the elliptical. For different reasons than you stated, but I definitely have NO use for that piece of equipment, whatsoever.

Arrow I don't like the way your feet stay planted in one spot.
Arrow It feels weird on my feet... like my toes are trying to get shoved forward into the tips of my shoes.
Arrow I have to concentrate too much to keep myself working hard enough.
Arrow I much prefer the stepmill or stairclimber. In fact the stepmill & stairclimber are the ONLY cardio machines I'll use (when I must do indoor cardio).
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some folks love the Elliptical machines and others don't. Some folks love Tread Mill machines and others don't. Some folks love stationary bike machines (&/or outdoor peddle biking)and some folks don't. Luckily, we still have freedom of choice in my country as well.

Luckily, the Elliptical machine feels good on my body. I'm hoping to get one this OCt/Nov 2009.

To me, an Elliptical machine is better then my simple gazelle glider. re: http://www.fitnessquest.com/images/gazedge250.jpg

That reminds me... If you hate the Elliptical machine that much, then perhaps getting a simple Gazelle Glider machine might be better (for your specific body)? Might be worth investigating further....

RE: Entire page at: http://www.fitnessquest.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/wservice=fq/itemdetl.html?item=4-TLGE

Hope this helps as well...

leeslove

Total Posts: 40

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Elliptical Reply with quote

[quote="jenfwed"]Am I the only person in the world who despises the elliptical?

HELLO, I'M SURE YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE... BUT I FOR REALS LOVE THIS MACHINE... Very Happy

I ALREADY HAVE LARGE, MUSCULAR CALVES, AND WHEN I HAD A GYM MEMEBERSHIP (WE MOVED) Twisted Evil I USED TO LOOK AROUND TO SEE IF ANYONE SAW ME RESET THE MACHINE PAST THE 70 MINUTE TIME LIMIT... SLOW WITH TOP RESISTANCE... NOT DIFICULT FOR ME... BUT LET ME GIVE YOU ONE PIECE OF MOTIVATION BEFORE YOU SMUGGLE A HAMMER IN TO DESTROY IT...

I AM HUGE, 6 FEET, 250 POUNDS (YEAH, I WENT ON A 3 1/2 YEAR JOURNEY AND GAINED IT ALL BACK THEN SOME)...
AND EVEN WHEN I WAS BIG, GOING TO THE GYM EVERYDAY... THAT ELIPTICAL MACHINE LIFTED MY REAR SO DRASTICALLY, MY MOTHER, AND MY COWORKERS NOTICED!

I'M TELLING YOU, IT IS THE BOMB ON THE BUM!!

O, ONE LITTLE THING, YOU MAY, AS I DID, BECOME ADDICTED... I AM NOT KIDDING!

THANKS FOR POSTING!

PRAISE JESUS!
litelight

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the first time I saw an elliptical machine. I was intimidated and thought 'I'll never get on one of those things.' I use to be 50/50 stationary bike/treadmill. Now my cardio machine of choice is the elliptical. I love it. As soon as I can figure out how to make space in my home, I'm going to purchase one.
leeslove

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

litelight wrote:
I remember the first time I saw an elliptical machine. I was intimidated and thought 'I'll never get on one of those things.' I use to be 50/50 stationary bike/treadmill. Now my cardio machine of choice is the elliptical. I love it. As soon as I can figure out how to make space in my home, I'm going to purchase one.

Shocked OMGOSH! THE LORD OF GLORY MUST HAVE BLESSED YOU WELL TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD ONE... I HAVE LOOKED FOR A "PROFESSIONAL" GRADE ELIPTICAL, AND, THEY ARE LIKE HIGH! Shocked

I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT IT WOULD BE THE GREATEST INVESTMENT ONCE I MOVE BACK TO NEW ENGLAND, BECAUSE I FOR ONE WOULD KNOW THAT I WOULD USE THAT THING EVERYDAY! Laughing

HAVE YOU EVER ACTUALLY "CRAVED" USING IT IN A DAY? Question

THANKS FOR THE POST, I CAN RELATE!

PRAISE JESUS!
litelight

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: To leeslove Reply with quote

You've got me cracking up this morning! Truly, though, God has been good to me.

I've checked out pricing on those professional grades and they ARE high. However, I was shopping with lovable hubby in the sports store a few weeks ago, and noticed a sale on some fairly nice machines for 30% - 50% off bringing them into the $600 - $700 range.

There's a gym that's walking distance from where I work. And the highlight of my day is going over so I can get on the elliptical for 45 minutes. So, yeah, I crave getting on one (although I'd never thought about it that way).

Thanks for sharing.
leeslove

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: To leeslove Reply with quote

[quote="litelight"]You've got me cracking up this morning! Truly, though, God has been good to me.

MAN, IF YOU CAN FIND ONE FOR THAT PRICE, THEN "JUMP ON IT" (PUN INTENDED)... Laughing
THANKS FOR THE POST... SHALOM! Very Happy

PRAISE JESUS!
dnewman97

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I am torn on the whole "ELIPTICAL" thing. I quit smoking last year in May and gained 50 lbs right away. I have been watching what I eat, cut out sugar totally and began using the eliptical in the gym at the apartment complex where I live. I have been doing 30 minutes, every night for almost 2 months. Everyone I spoke to said that, doing that, I would notice the pounds drop very quickly. I have not dropped a single pound and still fitting into the same clothes as before. I loved the machine and felt great when I used it, but have seen no results.
DL21Smith

Total Posts: 314

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really lucky and found a decent one at a indoor community "yard" sale! It was only $15. I really like it, but it kicks my butt! I'm drained after being on it. I can only do about 5-6 minutes at a time though, which can get aggervating for me..

Don't think you can. KNOW YOU CAN!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com