Stuck - may have found the secret....     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike99

Total Posts: 203

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Stuck - may have found the secret.... Reply with quote

My body has been stuck on "extra body fat" weight loss plateau for the last 4 weeks. Stuck at 189-191 "flex" weight range for the last 4 weeks. To help reduce my body weight, I started to do less "muscle build" exercises and more focus on cardio / sweat increase tasks. Still, my body would "hold its ground". Just like my 2 previous plateaus. Currently, my body's plateau was between 189 to 191 lbs range. If wondering, my body must weigh `under 179 lbs` - based on BMI "normal body weight" range and the need to control my T2 Diabetes much better.

The last few nights, its been extremely cold in my area. Instead of doing my nightly 5 mile jog in shorts / T-Shirt (like all summer), I had to wear long pants and a sweater. When I complete my usual nightly jog, my under clothes were soaking wet. I can take my head band & wrist bands off and squeeze the sweat out of them. This morning, I weighed myself and to my suprise, my body is currently 187.0 lbs. Finally, I broke another plateau. (finally!!!). Will continue to exercise in long pants and sweater and see if this "plateau breaking secret" continues to work on my body. Only time will tell...

If you are stuck at a plateau, do think about wearing extra clothes as well. Do something different to make your body work harder (or work differently). It was tough doing 5 mile jogs while wearing pants and a sweater but "it can be done".

Hope this helps others...

canran

Total Posts: 24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtg on the break through and thanks for the idea i usually work out in my bedroom in tank and shorts but its really hard for me to break a sweat because hub likes the house really cold.
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike, thanks for posting! I'm not sure I would ever have thought about wearing extra clothes, but it does make sense!!! You continue to be an inspiration!!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
fisaf

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thanks for the tip (;
JennieBean

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Be careful Reply with quote

I to add a jacket or so to help me sweat off some extra lbs but it is just water weight. Keep in mind normaly when you diet you drink an ungodly amount of water ( I know I do LOL) so sweating some of it out is great. But if you don't keep yourself hydrated enough you can risk making yourself have a heat stroke (depending on the weather).

Im wondering though is it ok to take water pills to lose some of the water weight? I know normaly there not healthy for you but if you drink enough water then is it ok. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com