5 star rating on the blogs?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> FEEDBACK CORNER - Tell Us What You Think!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: 5 star rating on the blogs? Reply with quote

I am curious to hear what people think of the 5 star rating that appeared on the blog system recently.

I am unsure how I feel about people rating my personal posts of my struggles and progresses.

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
stown

Total Posts: 297

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there...I think I understand your concern. Voting is good if it is fair and not a popularity vote. I honestly feel we should give it a try and I'm sure if it doesn't work like DIET.COM thought it should it will be discontinued or changed.

Let's find out what it is all about first. It may not be what you're thinking. Smile

I hope you have a wonderful evening.
Sandy Wink

"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
niemand88f

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, there's already several blog posts rated with only 3 stars Crying or Very sad I don't plan to use the feature, and will try to ignore it on my own blog posts.

I can see its place on the expert blogs, but not on our personal ones.
niemand88f

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I said I would try to ignore the rating system, but I was curious to see how it is actually working out.

This example is not an attempt to get sympathy or complain, merely to illustrate a point about the rating feature. I posted this blog a few days ago, where I shared my goals for the week and some of my motivation for the future. I felt good about posting the blog, and before the rating system was implemented all I could see were positive comments. Of course some people who read it might not have liked it, but I didn't see their negative opinion! Now, with the 5 stars, I see that people only consider that post worthy of 3 stars. It is discouraging to have your personal goals rated like that.

Also consider someone making their first blog post- maybe it isn't worded very well, or they are being a little hard on themselves and need support. If people rate the post negatively, how likely is that person to post again?

I think the feature is inappropriate for personal blogs.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there guys -
We've heard you loud and clear! With our apologies for any discomfort this may have caused any of our much-loved and appreciated bloggers, we are removing the rating system from personal blogs.

We WILL be leaving the rating system in place for our Expert blogs, which should be helpful for everyone involved, I think Smile.

Thanks for your quick feedback about this feature!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are great and so many of the things you are implementing are AWESOME!

Thanks for listening and responding so quickly. Very Happy

Leslie

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> FEEDBACK CORNER - Tell Us What You Think! Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com