lost 6 gained 1     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMLK1

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: lost 6 gained 1 Reply with quote

well now if I could keep that up I would be there in no time ... being here has helped me become more consious of my decisions ... now I need to get real ... a couple of weeks good (well fair) one old habit week ... like yesterday I had cheese cake I tried to get my son to eat half but he only ate a couple of bites and I could not let it go to waste ... Embarassed
SLIMTRIM127

Total Posts: 1194

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: OK! Reply with quote

I UNDERTSAND, I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT LOOSEING 9PDS AND

FINALLY BEING ABLE TO FIT BACK INTO A MISSES EX-LARGE FROM A

WOMEN 18W, THAT I TREATED MY FAMILY AND BABY BROTHER OUT TO

THE GOLDEN CORAL BECAUSE THEY ATE ALL MY HEALTHY GOODIES OUT

OF MY "WAR BAG". I ATE A CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE, SOME SHRIMP,

FRUIT, WHITE RICE WITH GRAVY,SMOOTHERED ONIONS WITH

MUSHROOMS AND LITTLE SAUTED CHICKEN BREAST. I WAS SO

STUFFED AND DISAPPOINTED THAT I WENT HOME AND CRASHED OUT

ONTO MY BED. BUT! TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY AND I WILL BE BACK

ON TRACK. SO! HANG IN THERE 1 PD GAINED AND 5PDS LOST IS NOT

TOTALLY GONE. WE HAVE HAD A ONE DAY OF FUN, NOW WE HAVE TO

GET BACK TO WORK. WE CAN SLIP SOMETIME! Smile I AM TAKING THE

POSITIVE LOOK AT IT AND NOT GIVING IN TO THE NEGATIVE SIDE OR

LOOSING HOPE TO EXCERISE. YOU CAN AND WILL LOOSE THAT 1PD

AND MORE. GOD BLESS!

SLIM Very Happy

Very Happy THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS IS FAITH EXPRESSING ITSELF

THROUGH LOVE. GALATIAN 5:6 Razz
kathyswf

Total Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: cheat days Reply with quote

I alllow myself days when I can eat what might be considered "forbidden" foods like pizza, cheeseburgers, chocolate, etc. I realzied when I decided to lose weight, get in shape, and get fit that I couldn't totally give up those things. I have just made myself understand that at 41 I can't eat like that all the time and I can't stuff myself when I allow those foods.

Yesterday is an example. I went to Red Lobster (for lunch because smaller portions) and had shrimp scampi, popcorn shrimp, baked potato, salad, and even 2 biscuits. I shared with my son but had a great meal. To make up for it I had a liter supper. Still this morning I got up and weighed 171.6. When I started in mid April I was up to 186.4 so I am steadily losing 1.25 lbs per week yet still eating a lot of what I want.

I think it is all about balance in everything we do. I also did an 45 minute kickboxing video after lunch yesterday to kill a few of those calories! But I am definitley making small changes that don't feel overwhelming enough that I will lose it and binge.

Kathy
CrystalIsbell

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel. I went to the dentist Monday and had 6 1/2 hours of dental work done to one tooth. (sports injury!)

My husband asked me what I realy wanted to eat after we left . All I wanted was Ben and Jerrys chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I ate half the pint he bought me and kicked myself the next day, but you know what i got on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh in and I had still lost weight.

If you don't reward yourself everyonce in a while , you'll get burnt out and not do it at all Razz
hijack_woman

Total Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Healthier choices Reply with quote

Treating yourself once in a while is OK, it even feels pretty good if you don't allow the guilt to set in too hard. I tell everyone around me that I am NOT on a diet, I am simply making healthier choices as to what I eat and do. I allow myself to eat more of what I like on the weekends because they are the hardest days to stay on track, but I am still losing weight, and more importantly inches!! You're doing great, don't let guilt get you down Razz
camphikefish

Total Posts: 519

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan ahead...if you know you are going to eat out, cut back during the day before, the day of, and the day after. That way you don't loose all that you gained (no pun intended!).

And make good choices! I get dessert at Golden Corral, but I only take a bite.

Have your servings of veggies and fruit! Have soup!

And like the ladies have said, treat yourself once in awhile...it's ok!

Soon to be slender Sara!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com