5 lbs weight loss with dancing!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvrwldq

Total Posts: 253

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: 5 lbs weight loss with dancing! Reply with quote

So, this week, I enrolled in two dancing classes. I have rheumatoid arthritis so they're low impact but the belly dancing classes are AWESOME... with dieting, my scale shows a 5 lb weight loss!!! Shocked
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, way to go on the weight loss! I love the idea of the dancing classes - I am sure you will have a lot of fun! I have done a belly dancing class in the comfort of my own home thanks to a tv show on Saturday mornings, but I would be way to embarassed Embarassed to take a class yet! But it does sound like a lot of fun!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
Flutterbilady

Total Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: NICE Reply with quote

That is soo cool. I wish I could do that. There is a Zumba class in town, I'm with Patty tho Embarassed
rvrwldq

Total Posts: 253

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the same way (I do belly dancing), but talked a friend into doing it with me so I wouldn't feel so alone... and ya know, there weren't a bunch of skinny young people like I thought... In our class, we have several of us who are very overweight - and a 63 year old! We have a great time! I have NO rhythm and thought for sure some would laugh, but instead everyone is very supportive!! Very Happy
Defiance

Total Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do belly dancing too, but its just part of my natural movement patterns.. im looking to correct that though, grats on the losses!!

" Do, or Do Not, There is no Try. " - Yoda
BringIT

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: regular dancing Reply with quote

i dont belly dance, and if i did i would blab to my friend who would blab to another and blabbity blabbity blah! So I just do normal dancing. I recently got into Cheer and I compete in dance. So I get a very good workout. But summer is coming up and I still have flab coming over my pants. I am very short for my age though.

peace love and happiness
leeslove

Total Posts: 40

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: 5 lbs weight loss with dancing! Reply with quote

rvrwldq wrote:
So, this week, I enrolled in two dancing classes. I have rheumatoid arthritis so they're low impact but the belly dancing classes are AWESOME... with dieting, my scale shows a 5 lb weight loss!!! Shocked

Shocked TOTTALLY AWSOME... I KNOW THE FEELING... I WALK/JOGGED OFF 7 NOW... KEEP ON KEEPIN ON! Laughing

PRAISE JESUS!
challengetutor

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: 5 lbs weight loss with dancing! Reply with quote

Hi, losing weight in dancing exercises is real great and fun. I do believe in it because i have tried it myself. Its even easy to lose weight.
challengetutor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the things I like best about dancing. I get to have fun and I get to lose weight at the same time.

I was introduced to a new exercise, though. Have you guys heard of battling with ropes? It is fun and can help you lose a lot of weight too! Please share your experiences here!
Terra Harriett

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow for an amazing weight loss. I am now enrolled at a Zumba/Aero class and I enjoy it really. I have gone to 3 sessions as of the moment and I planned on continuing as long as I could.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooo! Nice job Terra! Finding a form of exercise that feels *fun* is such a key element to maintaining a healthy lifestyle that doesn't feel like WORK! Smile

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
challengetutor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowadays, with the kinds of office work that most people have, it is so easy to gain weight and our muscles relax too much. Take me, for example, I used to work with parachutechs, see here, and with the kind of work I did, I sit in front of a computer the whole day. I really need to either find a way to keep moving at work or make up for all the hours sitting before and after work.
clairelv

Total Posts: 28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love dancing but i do not dare to do it .because i don't want to be embarrassed .and also i worry about it will hurt my knee . will it ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com