I have the "diet" that'll work for you,guaranteed     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevinvu

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: I have the "diet" that'll work for you,guaranteed Reply with quote

So I've been reading online that eating more frequently but eating smaller quantities is healthy for you and helps lose weight(i.e. eat 6x a day but make each meal smaller, say a sandwich and an apple). I find that statement is actually not the best method to follow. I bought the "No S Diet" book from amazon(http://www.amazon.com/No-Diet-Strikingly-Weight-Loss-Raving/dp/B001GCVFI2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228929899&sr=8-1) and the author says that eating more frequently, yet in smaller quantities, does not help since the metabolism "boost" is minimal and is very difficult to keep consistent. I tried it myself before I bought that book and I gained 7 lbs(I only ate yogurt,fruit, or the Nature Valley gran bars-1 per snack) in 3 bloody weeks.

No joke, this diet is really easy to maintain cause all you're doing is EATING 3 MEALS A DAY-no more! I'll give you the basic outline: No snacks, seconds, or sweets except on weekends. Plain and simple people. revert to eating how society used to in the 50s-60's: They ate meals with families and only ate 3x a day-people ate snacks MUCH less frequently. Eating 6-7 meals a day as said above is very difficult to do w/o eating till you're full each time-it's bloody human nature. I ate snacks in b/t my meals but I ate til I was full during the meals, so snacks were additional calories that I did NOT NEED. Check it out people, this can save you. I lost 10 lbs from reading the book and now am back at 180. I'm 18 & 6'2" so that is a good weight for me again. It's not even a "diet" per-say- it's more of a lifestyle.

I know that I sound like i'm promoting it which I am(but in a salesman kind of way-I used to sell cutco products so don't' blame me!!!)

Once you develop a habit of eating this way, it'll be difficult to get into the habit of eating snacks again. Key is, people following this must limit their plates to 1 per meal. It can be any size, but it must be 1 per meal. This enables the person to visualize how much he/she is really eating. If you have any more questions, please ask-the books is only $5.
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Devin, thanks for sharing! I think that basically we all have to find what works for us! For me eating 3 small meals and 2 snacks a day has been exactly what I need. If I eat 3 meals I eat too much, for me know that I have the snacks keeps my body at a steady level without glucose spikes and dips. If this is working for you then I think that is awesome! Your 18 year old body can deal with processing the 3 meals a day. Unfortunately my 48 year old female body prefers smaller meals and a couple of snacks! I am glad you have found something at this point in your life that works! Keep it up and you will become a healthy adult!! Thanks again for sharing we all need to hear what is working for different people! I hope to see you around the site!
Have a great day!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the typo above, I meant Kevin Embarassed

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
Kaseys412

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give this one a shot.. I ordered the book. This sounds like my kind of thing. I need rules lol, I cannot just say ohh eat small meals and regulate snacks and such, I always end up going overboard.. so we'll see how this one does =)
Kevinvu

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for being so consirate ollieseh. I didn't' mean to bash your eating habits. I found they didn't work for me. I guess I shouldn't have come off so strong.

to Kaseys:
for sure, give it a try. I went overboard with the snacking thing too. I'm a really active guy so I need alot of energy. Thing is I always tend to eat til I' full WHENEVER I eat, so I get carried away. Good luck with it, I found that it helped me immensely. But keep in mind, and this is straight from the book: the better in shape you are when you start, the less you will see changes. I lost 10 lbs only because I supplemented it with exercise and I did not have too much weight to lose in the first place.for example, say we have a more heavy-set person. if he/she is 50lbs overweight, it will be easier for him/her to lose it, than someone who is 10-20lbs overweight(so I've read-but I read alot so I think it's correct).

I have just recently joined a gym and am making it a goal to move a step down from 34" waistline to 32"(I sag a bit so it's bigger than what it should be). Make sure to not only change your eating habits, but exercise too. this way, you'll see optimum results.
irishok

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

Probably, I'd die on that diet. I have breakfast at 6am, lunch at 15pm and dinner at 9pm. Without a morning snack I'd be starving I guess.

If you want it, so you should.
hello sunshine

Total Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting. But I guess you must practice it slowly. Some people are used of having snacks in between meals and I think changing their diet routine or eating routine drastically would not help.
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a T2 diabetic and "in control" on my lifestyle chocies (like food, exercise, stress exposure, sleep, etc.), I can vouch that only eating 3 meals a day is a very bad thing. It over bloats the stomach and when NOT eating later on, it puts the inner body into starvation mode. Very dangerious yo-yo daily state....

One of the best things for a human body is eating 6 times a day. And, each eating volume is the small same size. In other world, we should be eating 6 x snacks amounts per day. Nothing more... And when the body doesn't need the colories (like driving 5+ hours business trip), only eat for that specific physical task. For example, have 1 x apple + 1 clear bottle of water if "only sitting whle looking out a window". Eating anymore is wasted colories intake and its extra calories instantly goes on the hips / gut.

I can also vouch that eating "quality" is an important need to keep in focus as well. Less man-made process foods and much more real / natural" food items the better. Fresh veggies, fruit and real unbreaded meat is best. Pick freshly frozen as second choice. Can veggies / fruit have way too much salt and sugar inside them.

With above in mind, the secet to proper eating task is "eat many times but oly little amounts each time" and to eat "quality foods instead of less amount of previous junk food".

This is the diet our ancestors lived on. And, this is the diet we teach our kids in school (during health / fitness class) as well. But, the general adults on earth don't follow these basic "better eating choices". Yes. Very strange world we live in...

Hope this helps as well...
kushy

Total Posts: 20

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread.Normally I follow this only.But I want to reduce my belly,hips now.For that only it is compulsory to do exercises.You have shared nice information.Now a days all are practicing with exercising,dieting program and taking pills.But this is a special info you shared.

Thankyou
CherryPaulson

Total Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I have the "diet" that'll work for you,guarant Reply with quote

Kevinvu wrote:
So I've been reading online that eating more frequently but eating smaller quantities is healthy for you and helps lose weight(i.e. eat 6x a day but make each meal smaller, say a sandwich and an apple). I find that statement is actually not the best method to follow. I bought the "No S Diet" book from amazon(http://www.amazon.com/No-Diet-Strikingly-Weight-Loss-Raving/dp/B001GCVFI2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228929899&sr=8-1) and the author says that eating more frequently, yet in smaller quantities, does not help since the metabolism "boost" is minimal and is very difficult to keep consistent. I tried it myself before I bought that book and I gained 7 lbs(I only ate yogurt,fruit, or the Nature Valley gran bars-1 per snack) in 3 bloody weeks.

No joke, this diet is really easy to maintain cause all you're doing is EATING 3 MEALS A DAY-no more! I'll give you the basic outline: No snacks, seconds, or sweets except on weekends. Plain and simple people. revert to eating how society used to in the 50s-60's: They ate meals with families and only ate 3x a day-people ate snacks MUCH less frequently. Eating 6-7 meals a day as said above is very difficult to do w/o eating till you're full each time-it's bloody human nature. I ate snacks in b/t my meals but I ate til I was full during the meals, so snacks were additional calories that I did NOT NEED. Check it out people, this can save you. I lost 10 lbs from reading the book and now am back at 180. I'm 18 & 6'2" so that is a good weight for me again. It's not even a "diet" per-say- it's more of a lifestyle.

I know that I sound like i'm promoting it which I am(but in a salesman kind of way-I used to sell cutco products so don't' blame me!!!)

Once you develop a habit of eating this way, it'll be difficult to get into the habit of eating snacks again. Key is, people following this must limit their plates to 1 per meal. It can be any size, but it must be 1 per meal. This enables the person to visualize how much he/she is really eating. If you have any more questions, please ask-the books is only $5.

I totally agree Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com