New at this and needing help     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: New at this and needing help Reply with quote

My name is Rikkijo, I'm in college and I've realized that my weight is going nowhere at all. I've always been what my mom called "pudgy" but I never started to gain weight until I got ran over. I really want to lose weight not for anyone else, but for myself. I don't need to lose much to get to my ideal weight but I know I do need to lose weight. My issue is, I have absolutely no clue what I need to do. Like I said before, I'm in college so making homemade meals and such really aren't an option, but my campus does post nutrition information on their foods, and they have a gym that I go to at least 5 days a week.

I know this is a weird request, but I feel i'm lost and hope I can figure out what I need to do.

So basically what I'm asking is, what works? What should I do to lose my tummy and love handles, but still be able to balance my college assignments and sctivities??

Total Posts: 1097

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rikkijo! Welcome to!

For someone who is just starting out on a new "healthier lifestyle" path, you have come to a great place Smile

There are a ton of resources here to help you learn to adapt healthier habits, which will all add up to an overall healthier lifestyle!

First of all - GOOD for you for being so active and going to the gym 5 times a week. That is a sensational habit. What types of exercises do you do there? Are you incorporating strength-training at all, or mostly cardio stuff? Personally, I get almost all of my workout/exercise ideas from's Exercises section (, Workout Builder ( and Fitness Videos (

You can find all of those up there ^^ in our top navigation. It's like having several of your own personal trainers, right at your fingertips - teaching you new exercise moves and explaining what part of your body they're working out. I wish that these had been around when I was in college, because so many of the exercises or workouts can be done in your dorm room - some with only dumbbells as equipment, and some with no equipment required at all! Sometimes I do my strength exercises at home in my bedroom, and other times I do them at the gym. There are so many workout and exercise ideas here that you can easily mix and match them to your particular preferences and goals.

Speaking of goals, what are some of yours? Here at we really encourage our members to set "mini-goals" - small goals that you can identify and begin to tackle one-by-one. They could be goals like "lose 2 lbs this week" or "Drink 64oz of water everyday" or "Take the stairs instead of the elevator if I'm going fewer than 5 floors up." Whatever you think are valuable goals for YOU! You can read more about setting mini-goals here:!/

I hope those tips help, and I hope to hear more from you soon! You should check out our member Blogs section (under WEIGHT LOSS COMMUNITY ^^). We'e got a lot of active community members there, plus is starting a 2-week long Fall Blog Challenge on Monday Sept 26. It'd be great if you'd join us! There are some great prizes up for grabs! You can read more about that here:!&blid=24766

All the best,
hello sunshine

Total Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there. I suggest that you choose an exercise that will connect with who you are. Example, you're a type of person who's into sports, you can lose weight by engaging into sports such as basketball, swimming or running. Choose the workout/exercise that connect with who you are because you have a lot of chance sticking to it in the long run. With regards to your diet, try incorporating healthy foods into your meal also find food that mixes well with your current diet. I hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web