Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x126

Total Posts: 164

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this diet? I'm quite interested to do it although it is a bit of a challenge. The diet consists of lemon water and salt water. I've heard a little about it but would like to know what people think or have seen from it.

CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1041

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a link to a blog that our Diet Diva wrote about this very diet:

http://www.diet.com/blog/Beyonces_Dream_Girls_Diet.html

Tell me what you think!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
svanjicki

Total Posts: 179

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reading the diet itself before even checking out the article, it sounded a little shady to me. After reading the article, I KNOW It is! It sounds a lot like the "Hollywood diet". It's so unrealistic to just drink liquids. Why would you want to be STARVING just to lose the weight?! You need nutrients to survive. It's not about how fast you can lose the weight, it's about how you can do it in a healthy way, and that doesn't sound healthy at ALL! Plus, if you try it and "starve", that could just lead you to binge and you'd be right back where you started. It's safer and healthier to just do it the old fashioned way.

~Sara
Kasssy

Total Posts: 156

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

careful that can cause hyper acidity which may result to... ULCER! yikes!
x126

Total Posts: 164

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I don't think I really will take this then lol! I'm just gunna stick to eating less calories and exercising more, sounds way healthier!

chrissy75

Total Posts: 56

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh gawds, the ulcers... my sister in law was so bent on losing weight one time that she did that stupid Grapefruit diet.. ugh!! she ended up with ulcers galore, and messing up her stomach really bad... luckily it didn't burn the stomach lining... so yeah, diets like that are hoaxes.. though if people are crazy enough to try them, well i'll leave it to them..yeah, i know what your'e talking about because i was thinking of trying that same diet, but it was drinking a glass of water with maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice, and to me that doesn't sound so tasty... and why should someone have to pay fifty dollars for the book just to get all the information on exactly how to do that diet.. yeah, those are just money hungry corporate people who sit back in an office thinking of junk to sell us.. lol.. glad you aren't going to try it...
Miss.J

Total Posts: 25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is not supposed to be a diet. The proponents of this consider it a fast, where the purpose is to detoxify your body. In theory, the body consumes a lot of energy digesting food, and when the body is not busy digesting food, it can focus its energies on removing toxins and fighting viruses. Ever heard the old adage ‘feed a fever, starve a cold?’ This is where it comes from!

Fasting is a whole other category, far away from dieting and eating healthy. Do a lot of research and ask your doctor!
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds fake, Please check it out before you try it!!
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't sound safe to me, I wouldn't recommend it. Eating fruit and veggies is good to detoxify and much safer! Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO
smartalex84

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing the master cleanse for the second time. The first time I lost 10 pounds in the ten days, it increased my energy and gradually lost 7 pounds afterward. It was the hardest thing I've ever done but it was the best thing I've ever done. I had been overweight for most of my life. I was finally a healthy weight.

It's not for everyone and IT IS DIFFICULT. I'm not a doctor, scientist, nutritionist or anything of the sort, I just know what the cleanse did for me, the people I did it with and those we've passed it on to.

Someone posted something about a grapefruit diet causing ulcers, The Master Cleanse was actually designed to cure ulcers. I don't know how well it works this time I am actually trying the cleanse for that reason. I'm on day 5 and I am free of the constant burning and pain I usually have. If your thinking my first cleanse cause my ulcers, I did it a year before I got ulcers. They more likely caused by anti-inflammatory medicines, stress, and lot of coffee .

About gaining it all back. . . Yah! If you go back to overeating and eating processed crap you will gain weight back! My first time on the cleanse I kept all the weight off for over a year. I was eating healthy and exercising. One of the girls I did it gained it all back rapidly, she didn't change her lifestyle.

The Master Cleanse isn't a easy fix for obesity, it is a kick start to a healthier lifestyle.
vhotgirl2004

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Master Cleanse is good for one thing... getting rid of toxins in your body- which is essential for the start of ANY diet. I would recommend trying it out for a day or two just to get that jumpstart- thats how I lost my first two pounds and thats it Laughing
hello sunshine

Total Posts: 14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you jump into this kind of diet - liquid diet - I think you must read this article first:

http://www.fatburningfurnace.com/blog/liquid-diets-and-weight-loss

It will help you and let you realize that water is the best liquid diet after all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com