Core Rhythms DVD Review     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flowers_for_Evadne

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Core Rhythms DVD Review Reply with quote

Hey all, I made an article about my experience attempting the Core Rhythms DVD...yeow, before you buy please ready my article, you will think twice!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/752907/core_rhythms_work_out_dvd_review.html

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtCNRIg/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wtCNRIg/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO
kelbel5

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Wow... Reply with quote

Sorry, but 'FfE', sounds like you're a total hater.

Yes these ladies do have accents, but it's no where near the point of not being able to understand what they are saying, that is rediculous!

Also, they couldn't possibly do anymore to this video to help the participants to fully understanding the dance steps. There's the option to view from the front, back, split screen, close-up, and finally the 'help' option, which slows down the moves and demonstrate them in a slow and comprehensive fashion.

These gals are upbeat, in gorgeous shape, and let's face it-- they look like the girls that we all wish we looked like. So it's pretty obvious to me why 'FfE' would post as she would. Simply put, she's jealous that she can't look like them, which is a pity. Also, she hates the fact that she doesn't have the discipline to keep up. None of which is the fault of the girls and their dvd.

Surely you didn't think that just by buying the dvds and watching it would make you look as good as them, did you?

Personally, I really enjoy these dvds, I just started a few months and decided to see what others thought of it. In my opinion, "FfE" is so off the mark. Yes, the moves are challenging but the results are undebateable.
jenfwed

Total Posts: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

KelBel, I have to agree with you. I love the videos. The accents do not make them uncomprehensible and the moves are so well explained in the beginner video that even I can do them -and believe me, I am ryhthmically challenged. It is a pretty good core workout - I feel it afterwards for sure.
rvrwldq

Total Posts: 253

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Core Rhythms hard on the knees? I just tried the Bollywood Booty DVD last night (Indian Belly Dancing moves) and it was quite a workout. Fun, but my knees hurt really bad afterwards, and I didn't even do the jumping moves!
jenfwed

Total Posts: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: no knee probs here Reply with quote

I've never had any problems/pain with my knees using Core Ryhthms. I have not tried the Bollywood videos so I can't give you a comparison.
johanna2002

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: core work out Reply with quote

Thanks 4 the heads up .I actually thought about ordering that dvd
Patmos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Core Rhythms Reply with quote

A year ago, I was in a major car accident where both of my legs were broken. I have titanium rods for femurs and I have had my entire right knee replaced, and I am about 110 lbs overweight, but I carry it well Very Happy I started Core Rhythms about 3 days ago, and it is not irritating my still unstable legs, in fact, it is causing strength to form in the muscles of my thighs and calves where atrophy had set in. I don't quite know how this is going to work out, but so far, I love it!
ElliaJayneBoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Weight Loss Reply with quote

Hey, was just wondering really, if this actually will work for me. I'm a girl who loves to dance, but i'm not the slimmest of ladies, just wanted some advice on how to shift a little bit of baby fat around the middle. Thanks if you could give me some tips on anything i can do, as dieting just doesn't work so well for me.
dakotaland

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to attend a core rhythms session Saturday, taught by Julia Powers. Yes, she is a professional ballroom dancer and she is in phenomenal condition.

I also am a beginning ballroom dancer so many of the moves made sense to me, but there were many in our class who were even more novice than me and they did well also. I have learned if I can't follow the exact steps, to just do my best with the motions and try to focus on the body movements rather than the footwork.

The routine can be done also without any impact and the user will still get a very good workout.

I believe the reviewer was unjustly harsh, it was a great workout and I had never done it before.

If someone has any dance experience, they will gain even more through the "cuban motion" of the hips and legs. it's a tricky thing to develop but this routine really gives a good place to work on developing good motion. There is a reason dancers are so fit, and they smile a lot also ..... because it is fun.
joyceanddavid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Core Rhythms DVD Review Reply with quote

Dear Dakotaland:

Many thanks for your review! How lucky you were to be able to attend a class taught by Bob and Julia Powers. I love Core Rhythms! I started doing it back in June of 2010, but had to stop because I was found to have Atrial Fibrillation. I had made the mistake of working out the night before a routine checkup. I think that I may have had this all my life, because I have had episodes of heart palpitations, even in my 20's and at a normal weight. I never let it bother me, I just relaxed and stayed calm and it would pass.

My doctor immediately put me in touch with a cardiologist, and put me on warfarin and a medication to slow my heart rate. I had two attempts at Cardioversion, where the patient is put to sleep and then a defibrillator is used to shock the heart back into normal rhythm. The first attenpt worked, but in a few weeks, my A-Fib came back. The doctor put me on another medication which helps adjust the rhythm, and tried again a week after starting the med. The second time, the Cardioversion did not work, but they decided to give me a stress test the next day, which turned out fine.

I am currently on both heart medications. At the time of my second cardioversion, I spoke with a resident and told her about Core Rhythms. What she suggested for me was to do the 30 min. Kick Start DVD for two months, every other day, and then move up to the Full Workout DVD, which is longer and more strenuous. I also have asthma, so with the long workout, I make sure to take my preventive regimin 30 mins in advance, which helps. My cardiologist also told me to get off Caffiene for 3 months.

By my next checkup, I was in normal sinus rhythm. I also started strength training on alternate days, so my cardiologist suggested that I do some more walking or dancing on the days that I do strength training.

I had gotten the start-up package for Core Rhythms, and after looking through the extra set of DVD's I decided on the Latin Cardio Jam. It is best to do the strength training first, and then I go right into the Latin Cardio Jam. So far, I have lost 13 lbs.

One thing my cardiologist was concerned about is that I have ankle swelling, or Venous Insufficiency. She was pleased to see that while my ankle swelling had not improved much, it had not gotten any worse. She said that the exercising would strenghthen the muscles in my ankles and calves, which would help squeeze the extra fluid and blood circulation back up my legs. She also took me off warfarin and replaced it with aspirin 325mg everyday.

I know that I have Core Rhythms to thank for these small, but important improvements.

I know that it is 6 months later since your post, but are Jaana Kunitz and Julia Powers still in business with Core Rhythms?

The Core Rhythms Community website at Ning.com is no longer in service.

I would love to attend a class with them in the Boston area.

Thank you again for your post! I wish you well!

Sincerely,

Joyce
dakotaland

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe they are doing any more Core Rhythms DVD's. Julia and Bob Powers own the Arthur Murray Dance Studio in Mesa, AZ and Julia also has Artistry in Motion which makes her ballroom dance dress designs. They are amazingly talented people.

I know the Mesa dance studio has Core Rhythms classes and I have heard some other Arthur Murray Studios do also. Julia and Bob were in Denver to judge the ballroom dance competition at Colorado Star Ball and each had seminars, Julia's was her Core Rhythms, Bob taught a Mambo upper level class. I know she would love to hear your story. This is here website for her dance dresses ... http://www.artistryinmotiondesigns.com/shopping/default.asp

Your story is so inspiring. One thing I learned out of these DVD's is that if you aren't up to doing the full motions you can limit you movements to almost in place and emphasize the Latin motion which gives you an amazing core workout, dancers love this because it forces them to be more flexible and move quicker. I have weak ankles and dancing has helped so much.

Taking lessons is expensive but if there is an Arthur Murray Dance Studio in your area, dancing is great exercise that you can keep doing and get better at through your whole life.
evashannon47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: I found it fabulous Reply with quote

I have lumbar spine issues going back a few years and i cant understand how you found the workout strenous on your back theres very low impact and no weights and plenty of stretching in between the non repetitive moves,

The full workouts now available on youtube i found it a little too hard as im so unfit so i ordered the 20 minute quick workout its nice, i found the two ladies professional and ok theyve accents(you think they are russian i checked one is finnish...just a point thats not in eastern europe its more northern...

Im happy to report after a month of doing just 20 minutes every couple of days im seeing my core definatly improve, i love this program
carynnyrac

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Core Rhythms Reply with quote

It's a shame that FfE gave Core Rhythms such a terrible review, possibly discouraging people from buying the DVD's. I am not currently doing it because I lent the dvd's to someone and never got them back. I wish I still had them. I loved the workout. I completely disagree with just about everything Ffe said in her review. I don't understand how she can be so far off in her assessment of Core Rhythms. The girls do have accents, but So What?! I guess I just don't have a problem with accents. I could understand them perfectly. And I had no problem understanding the dance moves--and I'm not even coordinated. There is nothing wrong with this workout. I recommend Core Rhythms.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com