100, 150, 200, + pounds to lose...and counting?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mimi_intheworld

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: 100, 150, 200, + pounds to lose...and counting? Reply with quote

So I'm hoping to kick start a conversation in this section of the boards. This is the place for people who have 100+ pounds to lose...am I the only one?

Well, if I am, I suppose I'll be talking to myself rather a lot in here. But I'm hoping someone else might pop in from time to time. I mean, I'm entertaining, but I'd rather hear from/converse with you.

I am not sure what my ultimate goal weight SHOULD be, but I'm shooting for 150 in the end. Or 154, or 163, or 145, or something around there. That's *about* 145 pounds from now for me. And today I'm motivated.

Today.

What about you? How are you feeling today?

I'm not at my best when I moralize or philosophize. Logic is elusive, especially to one who so rarely uses it.
--Tallulah Bankhead
MissTiggs

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Your not alone Reply with quote

Hey I am here with you... I have at least 100 myself maybe more... I have my physical with my doctor sometime this week so we will see what the magic number will be!
misswallie2u

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: yep, me too... Reply with quote

I'm have over 100 to lose also...
Catyson65

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: I'm a beginner Reply with quote

I just recently set out on my journey to loose 100+ lbs. i know it won't be easy but for health reasons I have to try and loose this unnecessay & unwanted weight.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1041

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you for taking the steps to lose weight! Slow and steady will win the race, so I really encourage you to break down your overall "100lbs to lose" goal into smaller increments so you can set some mini-goals for yourself.

Mini-goals are a great way to keep your momentum moving forward without getting overwhelmed by a large, longterm goal. Maybe you could start off by setting a 10 lb goal, and set a timeframe that you'd like to lose that 10 lbs by. Then decide how you'll reach that 10 lb goal, and put your plan into action. Make sure that you reward yourself when you reach your goals - a spa trip, a new book, a new water bottle... something to really pat yourself on the back for the mini-goal that you've reached!

I encourage you to check out our Success Stories - they're all so motivating! Check them out under the WEIGHT LOSS COMMUNITY tab up there ^^ in the top navigation.

Good luck!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
belle28

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: I am with you! Reply with quote

Well you certainly are not alone in the amount of weight you want to lose. I have lost 17 pounds and still have about 140 pounds to go. I am shooting for a goal weight of around 175 (I have been over 300 far to long). Support and encouragement are welcome and will be returned.
*Today I am feeling motivated, successful, and for the first time in a long time I am beginning to feel attractive. My husband has noticed changes in my body that I cannot and is making me feel beautiful with the compliments he gives.
I wish great success to everyone and look forward to continuing my weight loss journey with you.
DL21Smith

Total Posts: 314

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 5'7 and 258 lbs. My goal is to get down to between 135-145 lbs. I agree that there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on the site, but it didn't use to be like that. I hope that you are still on here. How have you been doing? Please share!

DAna

Don't think you can. KNOW YOU CAN!
Giggles1271

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I am definitely needing a body makeover. I am exactly 100 lbs overweight. I have been overweight all my life with ups and downs. This experience is the first time I can ever think of that I am doing this for me to feel better. I am not searching for a new husband or seeing friends from 20 years ago. My goal is to be able to breath when I walk or not to feel such exertion when getting up off the floor when I kneel down. Good luck to everyone here!
Most_Treasured1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Hey ...Are you still out there Mimi??? Reply with quote

I could use a support buddy on my journey toward losing 100+ pounds.. Buddy me! Mr. Green

Sincerely,
Most_Treasured1
ronpruett01

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I think, its not about the number of pounds. Its the attitude that you have while doing the weight loss practices.
bryanf101

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Hey ...Are you still out there Mimi??? Reply with quote

Most_Treasured1 wrote:
I could use a support buddy on my journey toward losing 100+ pounds.. Buddy me! Mr. Green

Sincerely,
Most_Treasured1

You can add me buddy. Smile
arnursey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: my first post Reply with quote

I started 2 weeks ago & really need to get this weight off. Have even been looking into gastric bypass! Would really love to do this without surgery tho. I lost 66 pounds a while ago on Nutrisystem. But as soon as I could no longer afford the food, I started putting it all right back on. Hopefully I will learn some new recipes this go round and keep the weight off for good.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1041

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you've had a chance to check out some of the healthy recipes and nutrition tips that are here on Diet.com! You can browse free 3-day samples of our Diet.com meal plans as well - you can find them under the Diet Plans tab up there ^^ in the top navigation. We'd love to hear from you over in the Member Blogs section - you can receive lots of community support over there from your fellow members Smile

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com