Has anybody tried PickMyDiet?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bwuanna

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Has anybody tried PickMyDiet? Reply with quote

A friend at school told me about a site called PickMyDiet.com. It suggests five diets based on my preferences. The diets seem OK, but I don't know if the site is really scientific or just making things up. Has anyone tried it? What do you think? Picking a diet is a big decision, and I don't want to waste my time by choosing the wrong one.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the Diet.com Diet Plan under the DIET PLAN tab up there ^^ in the top navigation! You can check out free samples of our meal and exercise plans - all designed by experts!

Check them out today!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there….

A few moments ago, I created a new account on PickMyDiet.com and played around with it. To me, this is a standard tracking tool (to recommend pre-bundled methods) and it also uses "generic" Calories intake / Calories burned tracking. For my body, I selected "loss fast" and it recommended I eat 1,200 calories a day. To safely recommended calories burned "per day", a properly written tool takes one's current weight, current height, torso/frame build and one's professional / working activities into account. Then, recommend a number to strive towards. A number that is "safe" - for that unique individual. For my "large football player frame" body, I must eat 2,000-2,500 calories "per day" or it over stresses its internal organs. If I dare eat 1,200 calories a day several consistent days, my body would fatigue out. And during this fatigue state, my body's immune system would allow my body to get sick. IMO, this tool is a generic "unless" tool - that doesn't take real life factors / influences into consideration. And in some ways, their online tool may cause more harm then good to one's body. Especially for folks who are "outside" the normal body size range - like my large frame body.

Talk about good info to follow…. I recently finished reading a good book called "Chicken Soup for the Soul - Shaping the new you". re:

http://www.amazon.ca/Chicken-Soup-Soul-Encouraging-Fitness/dp/1935096575

If wondering, this $12 new ($5 used) soft cover book is full of many short stories of men and women who put "better health fitness / extra body weight loss" back into their lives. I remember reading one short story of a women who explained she gained and lost the same 30 lbs for the last 30 years. She would gain and "feel fat", then suddenly implement drastic means to drop the weight. And a year later, she'd do the same yo-yo diet change again. After 30 years and multiple different diet programs, she visited a "head shrink". This doctor simply said… "You can eat anything you want except simply stop eating after your normal body portion sizes. NEVER eat meals or snacks until one feels full. If a normal weight person of your age eats a small soup and 1/2 sandwich for lunch, that that's all one eats. STOP eating to the point where one feels full". Since that date forward, the lady did "normal" portion sizes and stop eating. She no longer ate food items until she felt full. After the "too late" signal in her brain. Yes, it was that simple. She's been normal body weight for 10 consecutive years afterwards. And, no more YO-YO dieting.

Long mumblings short… One doesn't need to follow pre-bundled Diet Programs or get their head stuck into daily calories per day (with intake to burned comparisons) time consuming tasks. One simply needs to eat normal size portions and don't expect to be full each time they eat. Just like fuelling up a vehicle, one only puts in xxxx volume amount. One doesn't need to "full up" the storage tank each time…. And, one doesn't really need to buy pre-diet bundled programs either. Simply change the mind and only eat healthy food items and limit serving sizes that a normal size person eats.

Hope this helps…
kushy

Total Posts: 20

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to one and all for giving this useful information.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com