Special body problem area - what's yours?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Getting Emotional - Let's Talk About It
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zurda

Total Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Special body problem area - what's yours? Reply with quote

When I start losing weight, I find it extremely frustrating to always lose it in exactly the part of the body that least needs it. In my case, it's the upper body.
My worst problem area is really my legs, especially my thighs. These are always the last part of my body that lose girth, and when it does, it is always some infinitesimal percentage that can barely be perceived. Even if I focus a lot on leg slimming exercises, they don't seem to have much of an effect on my lower limbs. Rolling Eyes

--Ana--
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a observation over the years, I noticed that "on average", the guys tend to loose their belly fat and their bum areas in parallel. For ladys, I noticed many of them tend to loose their boobs, then their hips second.

My one aunt has a great looking upper body but her lower body is the size of a barrel. And my one uncle has huge chest but his legs are skinnier then this 12 year old son.

IMO, we can "influence" certain areas of our body and other times, "its the way it is - no matter what we do". Not to say we shouldn't stop trying. But acceptance of things we cannot change in life is 1/2 of life's battles...

Hope this helps - some how...

djmelissa03

Total Posts: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: mine is stomach Reply with quote

my body problem is the stomach. it has been very hard to lose it right there in the middle.
amanda_kelly

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tummy! Everywhere else on my body is slim enough to my satifaction except for my belly. I don't even have a big butt..just all in the stomach and it drives me crazy!
lauradi

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thighs and belly. It's really frustrating. Nothing I do can seem to get those areas to lose fat.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While spot-reducing isn't exactly possible, a great strategy is to strengthen and build muscle in those parts of your body that you're wanting to see results - and then also engage in a fat-blasting cardio routine that will melt the fat off of those new muscles to reveal them!

We have a lot of total-body strengthening and fat-blasting cardio ideas in our Diet.com Fitness Videos library. Check them out under FITNESS up there ^^ in our top navigation!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. A tip for finding what you're looking for in those videos - try doing a search there for a specific body area. For example, @lauradi you could use the search box in our videos section to search for "belly" or "thighs" and you'll find a ton of videos focusing on those areas of the body.

Good luck!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
rodroc

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: mine is stomach Reply with quote

djmelissa03 wrote:
my body problem is the stomach. it has been very hard to lose it right there in the middle.

This happens to me too. I am working on a new diet plan and hope that it works.

Regards
Rod
The Weight Control News Blog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Getting Emotional - Let's Talk About It Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com