I am taking my first steps     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aglick

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: I am taking my first steps Reply with quote

I am on a new journey in my life. I was never heavy until about 10 years ago and I packed on the weight. I don't even know where to begin with dieting, but I do know I am looking for support and motivation. Coming here is hopefully the best step I make. I am looking for any tips, motivation and buddies and that will carry me through.
misswallie2u

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Welcome!
I too am just beginning a lifestyle change/weight loss journey... I haven't been on this site very long but, the time I have been on here I have seen that there are alot of resources to refer to and lots of supporting people who are willing to help any way they can.
dieting can be over whelming when you don't know where to start or which way to go with it... just remember to take things a day at a time and if you have a bad day there is always tomorrow to get back on track and keep moving forward.
good luck on your journey! :0)

Hollie
aglick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Hollie, and good luck to you on your new lifestyle. I think this is going to be a great start for me, I'm just hoping to keep my motivation going. Every day has to be a new day for me, and I have to learn to forgive myself for slipping up and learning to just pick up where I left off.
belle28

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Lifestyle change Reply with quote

I began my lifestyle change on January 2, 2012. It has not been easy, but calling it a lifestyle change rather than a diet helps. A diet implies that you are forbidden to eat certain things, lifestyle change means you are changing the way you eat and exercise to become a healthier version of you. I think the most important thing is not to get swept up in the fad diets. You know your body better than anyone and you know which foods are your "problem" foods. For me its carbohydrates, so I am lowering my carb intake and have started exercising everyday, and I do mean everyday (7 days a week). Since beginning this lifestlye change I feel so much better and have lost 13 pounds as well as 5 inches on my hips, 6 inches on my thighs, and 2 inches on my bust. It is worth the pain of the workouts and the sacrifice of the foods to become the person that I know I can be. Congratulations on taking the first step to improve your life!
aglick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck to both of you on your new life journey. It is very difficult, I do good for about 3 days then have to start all over again. I would like to exercise more, but I fractured my spine and broke my foot and ankle in June, and have a lot of back pain still, not to mention the 30 pounds that I put on since it happened. Now I struggle with finding exercises that I am able to do. I have a Wii fit board, and it is on my "to do list", so hopefully this week I will start on it, even if it is just 10 minutes at a time.
tthornton1990

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am new to diet.com. I joined because i'm overweight and have medical problems that my symptoms could be a lot better if i weigh less. Hope to find this website helpful as well.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1041

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropping excess pounds is a sure way to improve your health - My advice is to set small mini-goals for yourself so that you can tackle your habits one by one, rather than trying to take them all on at once. It helps you maintain momentum - as you reach goals you'll feel great and want to keep going! Don't forget to reward yourself (with non-food items, preferably) for the mini-goals that you meet!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com