acid reflux     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
monajanahi

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: acid reflux Reply with quote

i have the acid reflux problem any special diet
DietitianConsult
Site Admin

Total Posts: 1989

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Acid Reflux Diet Reply with quote

Hi!

There are certain foods that you need to avoid and a few tips to help prevent symptoms from acid reflux. First of all, small, frequent meals are generally tolerated better. It is also recommended that you don't lie down for at least 2 hours after a meal or snack to prevent acid from coming into your esophagus and causing discomfort. Avoid foods that are known to cause acid such as coffee and tea, chocolate, caffeinated and decaf carbonated sodas and alcohol. Other foods that can be irritating include pepper, hot pepper or hot sauce, any other spicy seasonings, fried or high fat foods, spicy foods (buffalo, curry, etc), acidic fruits and veggeis (tomatoes and tomato products, oranges and orange juice, lemon/lime/grapefruit, peppers and onions) and avoid things like vinegar-based products and mustard.

These are the primary foods that have been known to cause distress or discomfort. By avoiding these foods, your acid reflux should stay under good control!

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me back!

Meghan

Meghan McCarron,MS,RD,LDN

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com