Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Total Posts: 1989
|Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:39 pm Post subject:
I'm glad you posted this! I figured out how many calories are in each ingredient (they're estimates, because there's some variability in some of the foods that you listed). If the numbers on the nutrition facts label are different for you (especially with the whole wheat wraps), just adjust the number to match your exact product. Also, I'm not sure how many servings are in this casserole, so you can divide the number of servings by the total calories to get the calories per serving of this delicious meal!
I'm also always about getting more for less, so I'm going to give you a few tips for some of the ingredients to lower the calories without having to sacrifice much!
The recipe calorie breakdown:
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (up to 800 calories, depending on the wrap)
- 2 big cans of chicken (300 calories)
- 1 small can of "MexiCorn" (280 calories)
- 1 can of black beans (420 calories)
- 1 small can of black olives (120 calories)
- fresh mushrooms (25 calories)
- Mrs. Dash Lime Fiesta seasoning (just a sprinkle!)
- 1 canister of Santa Fe Blend Philly's cooking cream (440 calories)
- 2 cups of cheese (today I got the 2% fat cheese or whatever ha ha) (with 2% 648 calories)
Total calories for the dish: 3000 calories
A few tips for cutting calories:
-Instead of using regular tortillas, try Joseph's low carb whole wheat wraps (only 60 calories each!) or choose another alternative that is 140 calories or less.
-Rinsing the black beans will get rid of a lot of the sodium that they are packed in, so they're just as good as dried ones
-You could try mixing 1 16 ounce fat free sour cream with taco seasoning to add creaminess. If you used 10 ounces of that instead, you could save over 200 calories without sacrificing flavor!
-Using the reduced fat cheeses will definitely save you in the calorie department, I wouldn't suggest swapping it for fat free cheese, so my only suggestion would be cutting down on the amount, say 1 1/2 cups instead of 2 and save yourself 160 calories.
I hope this helps!