an introduction quickly followed by questions!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karena_m

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: an introduction quickly followed by questions! Reply with quote

Hi, i'm a 30 (but i'm trying to convince everyone i'm still 2Cool year old mother of 3 wonderful kids. My girls are 22 months and 6 going on 13 and my boy is 3. I'm married to a terrific man. I work full time from home and another job part time. I'm active in my kids' activities, i help with girl scouts, volunteer @ school, that kind of stuff. I like to read and do crafty things. I'd like to lose about 100 lbs. But im very unmotivated to do so and i think i'd probably better set my sights a little lower, for now anyway. Haven't quite figured out my goal yet. So there comes my question. When i do figure out my goal, how do i set it on the weight loss tracker?
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Karena,
Welcome to Diet.com! This is a wonderful first step towards becoming a healthier, happier you!

You are right in that you should break your "overall goal" down into smaller, mini-goals. Thinking of your 100 lbs weight loss goal may seem discouraging... but I bet that thinking "I'd like to lose 2 lbs this week" seems much more doable!

To start, maybe try setting a goal for when you'd like to reach (for example) a 20-lb loss. Remember that 1-2 lbs/week is a safe and healthy rate of weight loss. Some weeks you'll lose more, and some weeks you'll lose less, but aiming for 1-2 lbs is a good goal.

You can update your "Weight Loss Goal" at any time, right from your profile page. Click on HOME up there ^^ in the top navigation and then on "My Profile" (it will be a link on the upper left) - scroll down to the "My Diet Profile" section, and you'll see where you can edit your goal weight.

You can also get to this section of your profile by clicking on the hyperlinked "Goal Weight" number at the top of your daily weight tracker.

I hope that helps! I can't wait to hear more from you - have you thought about starting a blog in our Diet Blogs section? Many Diet.com members have blogs there, and they find it helpful for sharing struggles and successes, as well as supporting other members (and getting their support in return!).

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> New to Diet.com Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com