Elliptical vs running...     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sm_2011

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always believe that there should be a variety of execercise. After my plantar I have not been able to run as much. So I run inside on the treadmill. I also do elliptical and spinning. I think spinning is a very good alternative, you can push yourself as much as you would like to.
Nabela

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently training for a marathon and am starting to run quite a bit during the week. But I have to say that the best body I've ever gotten was when I was using the elliptical all the time! It really toned up my legs and my behind, like no other workout ever did. For each his own, but if I want to look good in a bikini, I go for the elliptical.
vpink_78

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the elliptical just because I tend to workout at home and space wise it suits me best. I had a treadmill at my old place and it was cumbersome. It took up way too much room for me to do a regular workout. i love my elliptical. fits neatly into a corner, great for the joints and leaves plenty of room for the power tower, weight bench, and yoga/pilates exercises.
jasonporter

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the elliptical machine when I wasn't in good enough shape to run yet. Now that I'm a runner and have been running on a daily basis for 6+ months, retuning back to the elliptical doesn't feel like I'm getting much of a workout. These days I just use it for a cool down after running a mile.

(first post!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com