Green Smoothies     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovinglife1

Total Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Green Smoothies Reply with quote

Anyone make green smoothies? I made them awhile back, kind of got out of the habit but I plan on picking up ingredients this weekend. Anyone have any good smoothie recipes? We have a strange busy schedule and smoothies just work so good for me....
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1040

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our Diet.com Expert Bloggers just posted a recipe for a Green Smoothie this week!

http://www.diet.com/dietblogs/read_blog.php?title=I+Like+My+Smoothies%85Green%21&blid=23024

You can also check out the Diet.com Recipes section for smoothies. Just head to RECIPES up there ^^ in the top navigation, then do a search there for "smoothie" - you'll get a bunch of results!!!

Let me know if you try any of those!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
lovinglife1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Green Smoothies Reply with quote

Awesome! Will give it a try this weekend!
lovinglife1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, actually now that I think about it, that is what got me thinking about green smoothies again. So I have been kind of doing my own thing, I start with spinach, about a handful, toss that into my vita-mix along with a few baby carrots, a handful of grapes, some pineapple with juice, half a banana (if I remember) maybe some apple, some water and ice, blend all that up real good, then I add some vanilla protien powder and just mix that good, this makes enough for me to take two pints to work plus give a good glass to the hubby. This will be my breakfast and snack for the morning. I love these, they do not taste like I am drinking spinach and carrots.
CSL-Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! I just had a fruit smoothie the other day that had a cup or two of baby spinach blended in with it, and I couldn't taste the spinach at all. The only way I could even tell there was spinach in it is b/c I could see tiny little specks of green at the bottom of my glass Smile

You could also add in some wheat germ or flax seed for some added good stuff Wink

You should take a picture of your smoothies and post it in a Diet.com blog so we can all see what you ate!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
lovinglife1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I will do that! Flax seed is very good in smoothies, I am thinking about sprouting some and using that, what do you think? Next week I will be out of grapes so I think I will try it with some berries and maybe melons? To me this is the BEST way to get your raw greens in your diet. So my weekend challange is to take a few pictures and start a blog. I have never done a blog, might be fun!
CSL-Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah definitely start a blog!!! It's a ton of fun and you'll get lots of great feedback and support from the community!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
fitnesslover27

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also try juicing! Doing it at home saves so much more money than visiting a grocery store for squeezed, fresh juices.

The juices taste great, no need for sugar if you add some fruits, & you know EXACTLY what your're drinking!

I like to use kale, spinach, carrots, beets, pears, apples, strawberries- the possibilities are endless!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com