78 and going nowhere!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: 78 and going nowhere! Reply with quote

Any tips or suggestions?

I exercised, on average, 78 minutes every day last month (Feb). Now, there were a few off days, but the daily average is 78 minutes and some seconds.

I walk, run, bike (trainer), racquetball, and yoga. I plan to add swimming back into the mix.

I push myself when I do any of the above activities. My activity time is usually an hour at each thing.

I have not lost weight, inches, or gotten that "feel good"feeling in clothes. I have been consistent with food, exercise, and the pursuit of a smaller size since Jan. I dont' have all of my time recorded for Jan - but I know I can count on about an hour a day, 5x a week. Feb was 2190 minutes (I rounded down to the nearest quarter for recording). March is off to a good start with 3.5 hours already logged.

Suggestions? Help?

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!
Spike99

Total Posts: 203

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there....

If doing the same exercise (and time intervals) over and over again, the body gets "too comfortable" with the daily routine. If it becomes "too routine", the body won't change.

Also... I remember a statement that my SIL said last fall. She said, "its easier to reduce 500 calories intake compared to burning away 500 calories via exercise". With that in mind, it might be best to reduce food "amounts". For example, have 3 spoonfulls LESS during lunch and 3 spoonful LESS dinner times. That's 6 less teaspoons a day (which is approx 200 calories / depending on the specific food item). And at end of month, one's calorie intake is much less. Thus, the body is forced to tap into its current reserves (and extra body weight is reduced).

Also... Do change your exercise "routine" as well. For example, try something totally different - like roller brading or jogging beside your younger cousins (who are peddle biking). If into walking, put 3 lbs weights in your coat pocket and walk around. Thus, doing something different - outside your body's current normal routine.

Hope this helps as well...

Good luck....
PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I do mix it up so the body is not too comfortable with one thing.

I have reduced my calorie intake as well.

I am finding that my sugar number is in the 90's lots and the low 100's. For me, that is low. But then, I am not sure what the new standard is anymore. I had always been told never to let it fall below 110 (I have low blood sugar). Anything in the 90's was panic mode. And heaven help you if it fell into the 80's! 70's was almost comatose.

Eating more veggies and fruit.

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com